Thread: Being doing some repairs and maintenance

Default Being doing some repairs and maintenance

They car hasn't been on the road much for the last couple years due to a lot of little things that needed address.

In the last month I have rebuilt the supercharger, new belt, changed oil and trans fluid. I have new tires and wheels on the way and put in a new battery last week. removed and painted the intercooler pipes black. Cleaned up the engine bay, painted some rusty brackets, and changed the fuel filter. I also cleaned and re-oiled the air filter. I just had the tags renewed and when the new tires so up I'll get it inspected. It has a 2015 on it now lol. I also cleaned up all the chassis grounds. I also redesigned my PCV/catch can set and located the catch can in better spot. I'm also doing some repairs on hood.

I drove it on the back roads every few weeks to keep it running well the last couple years. I figure within a couple weeks I should have it legal and on the road. I'm getting excited because it's been so long since I've able to go out and enjoy the car.

A couple pics of the engine bay. Please forgive poor redneck engineering.

I'm getting deep dish FR500's 17x10.5" and 17x9" wheels black with a polished lip. I'll be running some 315/35/17 Toyo PROXES TQ's in the rear and Some cheap Federal SS 595's 275/40/17 in the front.

Toyo DR's

Cheap Federal SS 595's
    2000 Mustang GT SOHC 4.6L : 665hp at the tirel
    11.00 @ 134 mph... A 17 year love affair...

Wyotech Graduate 03/14 : High Performance 1 & 2...Engine Management Systems 1 & 2...Powertrain...
    Chassis/Suspension & Braking systems.. 3.7 GPA.

Default Re: Being doing some repairs and maintenance

I really miss there's not a community on here any longer. We use to have meets and track days etc. Hard to be an enthusiast all by your lonesome. if there's anyone on here please chime in. They only we can hope to get this thing going again is to start.

Wyotech Graduate 03/14 : High Performance 1 & 2...Engine Management Systems 1 & 2...Powertrain...

Car looks good. I have new tires for mine out in the garage, but I haven't had them mounted yet. I went with Nitto NT01's in a 315 for the rear and 285 front. I hope they stick a little better than the stock Goodyear Eagles.

There is going to. E a cruise in tomorrow night in Elkins from 5-9 if anyone is interested.

I am running a Mighty Mouse catch Can with a 1 way valve to release some crankcase pressure. I still. Red to change out my trans fluid and rear diff. I got the engine oil changed at least.

not sure if you are into autox or not, but toward the end of July there are a bunch of cars that go to the Cumberland airport. The airport is actually located in Ridgely WV.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis68 View Post
    Car looks good. I have new tires for mine out in the garage, but I haven't had them mounted yet. I went with Nitto NT01's in a 315 for the rear and 285 front. I hope they stick a little better than the stock Goodyear Eagles.

There is going to. E a cruise in tomorrow night in Elkins from 5-9 if anyone is interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis68 View Post
    I am running a Mighty Mouse catch Can with a 1 way valve to release some crankcase pressure. I still. Red to change out my trans fluid and rear diff. I got the engine oil changed at least.

not sure if you are into autox or not, but toward the end of July there are a bunch of cars that go to the Cumberland airport. The airport is actually located in Ridgely WV.
    Thanks

My catch can set up has no check valves. I ran a PVC in the stock setup for first 500 miles to help set the rings the went to the catch can..

I'm starting to build more towards handling. I kind of wished I would have went to an 18" wheel. If they had an 18" for my car that was at least 10.5" wide so I could run 315 I would have. I thought about taking my old wheels and having an inch added, then I could run a 335 Drag radial on those and maybe something better for handling on the daily wheels. Then maybe I could run 18's.

It'll be a couple weeks before I'm actually on the road. The wheel and tires won't be available for shipping until next Monday and after that I need a new inspection sticker. It's been dead for over 2 years lol.

I know the feeling...I have a 68 camaro that I have been neglecting for a while.

i have a brand new set of 18x10.5 racestar wheels that would fit your car if you are interested.

No bud I'm already invested in the ones I ordered.

Looks like an awesome setup. I'm a true believer when it comes to "redneck engineering".

Glad to see you still have this thing! Been cool watching it evolve over the years! Site has definitely gone downhill from what it once was.
    -Jeff-

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC 5-speed - 1 of 574
    2011 Taurus SHO - TT 3.5L - 13.8@102mph - 100% Stock
    2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus - 2.0T - Black/Black

Quote Originally Posted by RGL10 View Post
    Looks like an awesome setup. I'm a true believer when it comes to "redneck engineering".
    Thank you I appreciate it. It's nice when someone acknowledges your hard work, with my limit resources if it wasn't for redneck R&D I couldn't afford my hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by 281Thunder View Post
    Glad to see you still have this thing! Been cool watching it evolve over the years! Site has definitely gone downhill from what it once was.
    Yeah the old nag is still holding on. It might last couple more years be I have to send the old horse out to pastor. I'm so poor it evolves slower the human genome lol. Are you still running the short block I sold you over 10 years ago? The site is quiet, all the enthusiasts that use to keep it active don't seem to be as enthused.

It would be nice to get a car show, dyno day, a group to go autox or something together...

Yeah bored to death lol. Or a trip to PRP.