Thread: TA Daaaa Back from Tampa with a Mustang

Default TA Daaaa Back from Tampa with a Mustang

I bought that Mustang that was in Tampa, Flew out of Clarksburg only cost about $75. Took a cab to the guys house and picked
    up the car. 67,000 (just turned) he was the 2nd owner. Car is really clean underneath no rust at all.
    V-6 Auto lots of options and ran great coming home. I got about 28 mpg (27.8) running 70-75 most of the way. I picked up a set
    of 94 Cobra wheels and new set of 235-55-17 tires for it. (also a set of studded snows) Got killer deal and couldn't say no.
    I wanted the V-6 I figure 99% of the time it's just cruising down the highway or just running around so why not get a Gas saver?

I'm thinking of this being a little bit of a fun project car. I always liked the look of the 94-95 Cobra so I might go that route
    but no badges. So far the only thing it seems to need is maybe rotors on the front. It pulsates a little.
    It will never be the car the fox was but still a little fun car. Only thing is it dosen't enough power to do doughnuts.

I'll post up some pictures soon as I get some stuff done to it. I'm happy with it so far I ended up paying $1,100 for it
    It's hard around here to pick up a low mileage clean car for that kind of money. Down there for some reason the mustangs
    are cheap.

This how it looked when I picked it up. Ice cold air,, Needed it while I was down there
    I hate the headlights I couldn't see chit coming home at night. Might be the bulbs too.
    I lucked out this had a rear window defroster you usally don't get that with cars from down there

The interior is in good shape no rips or tears. A little sun fading at the top of the seats not much.
    I didn't even notice until just the other day. Black with black cloth seats. Other than that it's pretty much like new inside.
    The car had two previous owners both women. Both non smokers. I don't think the cigarette had ever been used. Car smells like makeup.

Any ideas? For a better look for this Mustang.
    Last edited by oldfox; 11-17-2016 at 03:14 AM.
    Just pull the trigger and let it go,, This will work trust me. But,,you may want wear safety glasses

Default Re: TA Daaaa Back from Tampa with a Mustang

That is a lot of car for such little money! Keep us updated on the mods.

Default Re: TA Daaaa Back from Tampa with a Mustang

I think I'm going to go with the look of a Cobra. I got the tires & wheels and I have a duel exhaust kit. The only thing left to change
    would be the rear spoiler, Deck lid, front bumper and fog lights That would give it the look of a 94-95 Cobra. everything else is the same
    The 94-95 Cobras have always been one of my favorite cars. -love the look of those cars- But I would be leaving off the Cobra badges.
    I never did like seeing the cobra emblems on a regular mustang.

2 1/2 inch stainless steel - I hope it's not loud a V-6 don't sound right when it's loud

I have a set of these Cobra wheels in near mint shape

Anyone got any ideas to spruce up a base model Mustang?
    Last edited by oldfox; 11-21-2016 at 11:19 AM.
    Just pull the trigger and let it go,, This will work trust me. But,,you may want wear safety glasses