Thread: Is it worth it?

Default Is it worth it?

Some of you may remember the fox mustang that I bought in Tampa Florida and drove home.
    That car was super clean. When I changed the ball joints I pulled the cotter key out of the
    ball joint stud and broke the nut loose. Then I sprayed the threads with WD-40 and took the nut off
    using only my fingers. That doesn't happen often on a car that's 15 - 20 years old.
    At least not in this state. But the cars in Tampa are like that. Now I need a car not really a hot rod
    but just a grocery getter and something to drive to Ohio and visit the grandkids.
    And for some reason the mustangs in Tampa sell for quite a bit less than they do here.

But is it really worth it? Fly to Tampa pick up your car and then drive all the way back to West Virginia
    just to have rust free car? I found a 1994 Mustang V-6 auto with air and lots of power stuff
    with only 67,000 original miles for $1250. I had a friend of mine in Tampa check it out for me.
    Yea, I know V-6 Auto but what the heck it's just going to be a driver. It's all I need to cruise
    up and down I-77.
    The ticket to fly there is only $76. And the guy that owns the car said he would pick me up at the airport.
    So what do you think is it worh it?

Note: jump on Craigslist and check out the mustangs in Florida - Tampa
    http://tampa.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=Mustang+

check out the 2009 70K miles for $3500 Is it worth the drive?
    Just pull the trigger and let it go,, This will work trust me. But,,you may want wear safety glasses

Default Re: Is it worth it?

Personally I say it definitely is. I would much rather fix up a near rust free car with 300,000 miles that one with only a 100,000 and rust starting everywhere. My father in law lives in Williston and if I watch airplane tickets from Huntington Tristate to Orlando Sanford sometimes they go as low as 40 dollars or so. I bought a 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD down there for a 1000 dollars with 310,000 miles showing. Every time I do some work to it I cannot believe how much easier it is when you don't have to fight rust. The engine is original and the transmission and rear axle had already been replaced. Its way better than 99 percent of the jeeps of that era around here. I took my time and drove back in 14 hours. Well worth in in my opinion.

I might make a mild project out of this car,, Nice wheels and maybe make it look like a cobra or gt
    I have that 94 cobra body could use the front bumper and spoiler with the brake light built in

But with no badges,,,,,, we don't need no stinking badges

- - - Updated - - -

I might make a mild project out of this car,, Nice wheels and maybe make it look like a cobra or gt
    I have that 94 cobra body could use the front bumper and spoiler with the brake light built in

But with no badges,,,,,, we don't need no stinking badges
    Just pull the trigger and let it go,, This will work trust me. But,,you may want wear safety glasses

Got to love those southern rust free cars this is from when my fox was a 4 banger

- - - Updated - - -

Got to love those southern rust free cars this is from when my fox was a 4 banger