Thread: Drag racing

Default Drag racing

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...d-airport.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Drag racing

WV Senate bill 686 should make this much easier to do than in prior years. I heard that Greene Co. Pa had to go through a lot of red tape to get the flashlight drags going at their airport. Maybe our endeavor into this type of drag racing will be less of a headache. I hope it works out as its just 15 minutes from where I work! And for those of you traveling Rt 19 at Summersville it might be about 20 minutes from there. Looks like it will be an all around great place to race.

Federal regulations are what kills the idea of using airport runways and air strips for anything other than aircraft. Waynesburg air port in Greene Co can do this as they are not affiliated with any federal support. That's what I understand, it's a no go if the air port or air field takes any federal money.
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '84 Buick Regal 3.8 Turbo
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

The guy that put the petition up checked into that and there is no federal money taken by this airport. Its pretty much under the total control of the town of Richwood so that should not be a problem. Hopefully we can get some more signatures on this in the next few days and maybe get things going for the upcoming year. Anyone interested please sign the petition.