Thread: Rough roads in WV

Default Rough roads in WV

I live in Preston County and couldn't help but marvel at the differences in the roads from here and Tucker County, Travis is lucky to have such nice roads to drive his ZL1 on. most of the roads I frequented this past week were smooth as can be, in Preston County it is like driving on a frozen tank tracks in a lot of places, when I crossed the county line in to Taylor county is was night and day difference, not as bad as preston but still nowhere near the quality and smoothness of Tuckers. just baffles me how there can be such a large difference between counties right beside one another. don't like the beating my Car takes!! Gerrrr!

Default Re: Rough roads in WV

The roads here aren't too bad. I was in Kingwood over the weekend, and the road from rowels burg into Kingwood is horrible...I was in my truck though.

word, should check out the ones around masontown on rt 7, the Camaro rides a bit rough to start with but is acceptable on most level roads but the ones up here are incredibly uneven. patched beyond belief. and badly patched at that. think I need to move to parsons or something....LOL

No doubt. I remember going through there in the beginning of April I think and the pot holes weren't patched. It was one of the worst roads I had ever seen. There is also one from rowlesburg up to terra Alta, kind of a back road, but it is in touch shape with a shady patch job done on it. I know Barbour county is doing a lot of paving, seems kind of strange right before winter.

I had a blast on the roads around blackwater/davis-thomas and down through parsons til I got to the barbour county line. could drive those every day except in the winter!

I wanted to take a run down 33 into Virginia and back 250 but all my friends are busy with this and doing that. I guess Stevie's turd is in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout
    I was the least gay ford guy

I have bust 2 wheels in the last couple years.
    2000 Mustang GT SOHC 4.6L : 665hp at the tirel
    11.00 @ 134 mph... A 17 year love affair...

Wyotech Graduate 03/14 : High Performance 1 & 2...Engine Management Systems 1 & 2...Powertrain...
    Chassis/Suspension & Braking systems.. 3.7 GPA.

You're welcome for the nice roads in Tucker County. (I worked a couple years for the state road there, LMAO). Harrison County did a good bit of work this summer, but a lot of the roads here are still poop too.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    I wanted to take a run down 33 into Virginia and back 250 but all my friends are busy with this and doing that. I guess Stevie's turd is in the shop.
    Hey racer what type of wheels are you running in your sig?

Wyotech Graduate 03/14 : High Performance 1 & 2...Engine Management Systems 1 & 2...Powertrain...

They look almost like CV7's without the center.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

The road paving gods have answered my prayers, new black top for Xmas.....ye ha in the next couple days the paving of Route 7 running through my town will be complete, new road for my SS Camaro to stretch her legs on

Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    They look almost like CV7's without the center.
    Never heard of them?

Quote Originally Posted by jshafSS View Post
    The road paving gods have answered my prayers, new black top for Xmas.....ye ha in the next couple days the paving of Route 7 running through my town will be complete, new road for my SS Camaro to stretch her legs on

It's nice to be rid of the pot holes and uneven surfaces, but there's something wierd about it. Ever since they paved I have noticed a lot of whining road noise. When I first drove on them near kingwood I started hearing a higher pitch howling. It sounds almost like a bad wheel bearing. To the point I thought there was an issue with my wife's car, but it only occurs where they haved freshly paved.

I also noticed that the bridges are not done and there's no lines painted. I hope they're planning on putting on a final layer because it's really loud and annoying. I know when roads are getting paved the rough them up to get the new pavement to adhere better, but this is different. They are also paving on RT 7 in Sabraton but it's nice and quite there. Please forgive typos and misspellings. I did this one 1 letter at a time on my Xbox 1 lol.
    Last edited by jivepepper; 12-10-2015 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Xbox owns me.