Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have never tuned, any suggestions of someone in the area or a Hand held?

Default Re: Have never tuned, any suggestions of someone in the area or a Hand held?

Quote Originally Posted by jivepepper View Post
    Saw you pulling in to your work today.Your car sounded great!
    thanks ye is sounds good but I have to set up a video camera on a tri-pod so I can find out how it sounds from out side...LOL

Default Re: Have never tuned, any suggestions of someone in the area or a Hand held?

Quote Originally Posted by jshafSS View Post
    thanks ye is sounds good but I have to set up a video camera on a tri-pod so I can find out how it sounds from out side...LOL
    Has some raspness to it but with a nice bass note. I never really heard it at wide open throttle.
    2000 Mustang GT SOHC 4.6L : 665hp at the tirel
    11.00 @ 134 mph... A 17 year love affair...

Wyotech Graduate 03/14 : High Performance 1 & 2...Engine Management Systems 1 & 2...Powertrain...
    Chassis/Suspension & Braking systems.. 3.7 GPA.

Quote Originally Posted by jivepepper View Post
    Has some raspness to it but with a nice bass note. I never really heard it at wide open throttle.
    hard to open it up in town, guess you have to believe me when I say it is unbelievably loud! not sure video clips ever do exhaust justice but will try to get one together in the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by jshafSS View Post
    hard to open it up in town, guess yo u have to believe me when I say it is unbelievably loud! not sure video clips ever do exhaust justice but will try to get one together in the next few days
    I actually went with a quieter exhaust.

I had dynamax straight threw bullets dumped before the rear axle it was just to loud during cruise. Plus having absolutely no back pressure made is miss and fart around when in high gear on the freeway at low rpm. The O2's wouldn't hold enough heat so it was in and out of open loop. Adding tail pipes would have probably helped. But I also went with a chamber style muffler. It fixed the problem and it's just the right amount of loud. Before after an hour of cruising your ears and head would be humming.
    2000 Mustang GT SOHC 4.6L : 665hp at the tirel
    11.00 @ 134 mph... A 17 year love affair...

Wyotech Graduate 03/14 : High Performance 1 & 2...Engine Management Systems 1 & 2...Powertrain...
    Chassis/Suspension & Braking systems.. 3.7 GPA.

I ordered a set of 1 7/8 kooks long tube headers without cats for mine on Maryland speeds Black Friday sale. They were offering stage 8 locking header bolts, new GM gaskets, and free coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis68 View Post
    I ordered a set of 1 7/8 kooks long tube headers without cats for mine on Maryland speeds Black Friday sale. They were offering stage 8 locking header bolts, new GM gaskets, and free coating.
    sounds good, win win. added sound and performance

Hopefully so. I am going to do a few other things to it as well, we will see how it goes.

how are you liking that Might Mouse catch can, was looking it to that a bit, not sure what one I would need, waiting to hear back from them on there recommendations.

I just got it in the mail last week. They were just starting production of their gen 4 can when I ordered. It is really good quality, and Dave is very helpful. I asked him quite a few questions before I ordered it. I also went with his oil fill adapter so I could vent the crankcase pressure since I am going to be spinning the blower a lot faster. I got his PCV can. It seemed like the best fit for my application.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis68 View Post
    I just got it in the mail last week. They were just starting production of their gen 4 can when I ordered. It is really good quality, and Dave is very helpful. I asked him quite a few questions before I ordered it. I also went with his oil fill adapter so I could vent the crankcase pressure since I am going to be spinning the blower a lot faster. I got his PCV can. It seemed like the best fit for my application.
    uh oh, just saw that Chevy is putting out the 6th gen ZL1 for 2017, damn that thing is fine, wasn't all that enamored with it till I saw the pics of the new ZL1, might have to get a used one down the road! providing I can fit it the thing, hoping it isn't too small!