Thread: Anyone do exhaust work in the Huntington/Charleston area? Need to have cutouts done.

Default Anyone do exhaust work in the Huntington/Charleston area? Need to have cutouts done.

So, I just bought a set of QTP cutouts w/ electronic remote. Just wondering -- anyone know of any good shops in the Huntington/Charleston area that is trustworthy enough to do an install on these?

They'd have to install the cutouts and do the electric wiring for the remotes.

Cadillac Gen II CTS-V (Crystal Red Tintcoat / Ebony) -- Purchased (7/31/14)
    Bone stock. 556HP.

Default Re: Anyone do exhaust work in the Huntington/Charleston area? Need to have cutouts do

Heads up! This post not about a shop but the QTP cutouts.
    Experienced this first hand, 3" QTP cut outs will not survive very long at your power level. They will bent and then soon blow the butterfly valve right out, this happened on my friends '03 Cobra. Progressively louder and louder exhaust leak from being bent then they blew apart going down the track at Mason Dixon.
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '84 Buick Regal 3.8 Turbo
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

Default Re: Anyone do exhaust work in the Huntington/Charleston area? Need to have cutouts do

Apparently they've been holding up pretty well on most V's. I haven't read about any failures yet. Thanks for the heads up, though. Will keep an eye on them.

Cadillac Gen II CTS-V (Crystal Red Tintcoat / Ebony) -- Purchased (7/31/14)
    Bone stock. 556HP.