Thread: Looking For best adjustable coilover for my 2005 Honda Accord V6 six speed coupe

Default Looking For best adjustable coilover for my 2005 Honda Accord V6 six speed coupe

I have been looking for an adjustable coilover kit for my Accord. I am looking for the bang bang for the buck, good ride quality and dependable. I am seeing some good reviews for Tein and Function and Form. I value any opinion that anyone has experience with.

Default Re: Looking For best adjustable coilover for my 2005 Honda Accord V6 six speed coupe

Stillen is probably the best

Vixen's wrx has a set of raceland ultimo's on it... they feel great for what they are. I've also never seen you push the car, so I have to assume it's just going to lower the car a bit. for $550 they are hard to beat.

Not all racelands are the same, some are cheap as hell and are trash it's not much less.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Default Re: Looking For best adjustable coilover for my 2005 Honda Accord V6 six speed coupe

What stillen? Really? What are you smoking?? Show me where Stillen makes coils for a accord? I logged in just to reply to you. If you want a low cost coils just to drop the car look into isis and megan racing coilovers.
    09 Sonata (My DD)
    92 C1500 ( Winter Beater/ Hauler)

07accord - "I want to be a nittany lion!"
    "I'm pretty sure I have no fam. in South Jersey.Real mullet fairing people don't have spray tans." Levilz

I was smokin sleep deprivation.. was thinking about a maxima a friend had at one point, not an accord..

Looks like raceland only makes their cheap version for their car..

Megans look to be about 800 or so.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I can find Megan Racing coilovers on Ebay for $699 with free shipping. So you think Megan Racing is a better quality product than Tein or Function and Form?

No it's the other way around.. ISIS and Megan racing are the bottom rung of entry coilovers.
    09 Sonata (My DD)
    92 C1500 ( Winter Beater/ Hauler)

07accord - "I want to be a nittany lion!"
    "I'm pretty sure I have no fam. in South Jersey.Real mullet fairing people don't have spray tans." Levilz

I can get either Tien or Function and Form for the same price as the Megan Racing.

I found another set called JDM Sport which looks pretty good. I am thinking about spending some extra money and getting them with adjustable damping to make it handled better. Here are the two I found on Ebay. Let me know your opinions. Thanks. http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-SPORT-03...e05621&vxp=mtr or http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-07-Honda-...9606f6&vxp=mtr

I like the better pics on the JDM sport ones, the top hats look a lot better and lower mounts don't look as cheap as the ones pictured in the other ad... which don't look at all like the JDM sports. tha tlittle single piece of mettal in a U shape looks like it's ready to bend by hand.

I have a how to setup video on the ulitmo's on youtube. the same should pretty much apply... cover the entire threaded area with never seize or anti seize if you ever drive the car in the winter.. if not still put it on so the shock body that's contacting any other aluminum or metal that might ever want to be moved.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I have already ordered the JDM Sport. I read very good reviews on different websites and they are pretty good on what I seen.

I love the JDM Sport so far. I got it set for track and it handles great.

awesome! how was the install? now it's time for some autocross!
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

It can do the autocross if I want to. It handles great. I love it.
    Accord 1.jpg