Thread: XJ question

Default XJ question

So is it possible my rear spring on the drivers side is done for, every once in a while the ass end wants to just kick out.. always going around a right hand turn, i think it mildly did this and tried to kill me last spring in the snow. it is a 97 with a about 185,000 miles.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Default Re: XJ question

Did you physically check it? Are any of the leaf springs broken? Check the shackle as well.
    If nothing is physically broken then it probably isnt the leaf spring.

What rear end do you have? Any chance you have a factory LSD in it? 50/50 chance.
    '14 WRX
    I miss fast cars and fast women.

to much power?

lol. not too much power, motor is stock.

i looked over the leaf spring, nothing broken. Put new shackles on last fall. ( one was rusted through) .. don't know about the LSD. i don't believe it is though.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Then it is the tires or the driver.
    The XJ is really light in the ass end.
    '14 WRX
    I miss fast cars and fast women.