Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Focus Hatch Build

Default Focus Hatch Build

Wife hated the purple at first but now she is wanting more purple.

Midnight purple metallic anyone?
    Last edited by templar; 07-23-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Ford Focus ZX3 - Pitch Bllack
    Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

Default Re: Focus Hatch Build

Run easy for 1k miles for break in.
    '14 WRX
    I miss fast cars and fast women.

I am definitely trying too. It grabs early and grabs hard. I've got the hang of it after a couple stops. It was embarrassing pulling out of the garage I stalled the car.

Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

I ran a six puck ceramic clutch in the crx...now that took some getting used to one thing it never did was slip though lol

Its getting a little easier to handle as it breaks in a bit. It is torture to not get on it... especially on river road.

Finally got some wrench time in myself. Snagged a couple if minutes after the tot went to bed.

Father in law couldn't figure out how to open the hood and he ended up breaking the grill.

Clear lens replacement installed. No more gap tooth. Unfortunately the old one was paint matched and this one is not.

Forgot to close the garage last night and someone walked off with my craftsman ratchet set and 3 of my SVT wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by templar View Post
    Forgot to close the garage last night and someone walked off with my craftsman ratchet set and 3 of my SVT wheels.
    That blows.

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

That's $700 worth of shit.

On a separate note:
    Got msd distributor mounted (kinda) need one of those bits to get out stripped screw heads.

Also got the heavy duty wires ran.

Unfortunately one of the brittle old wires leading into the distributor broke.

Why the hell would they only take 3 of the wheels? Can't stand a damn thief :'(

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    Why the hell would they only take 3 of the wheels? Can't stand a damn thief :'(
    Had a system stolen once. Took the subs and amp from the box and left the box?

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

Three were out if the box. Fourth was still in the ford racing box.
    Officer told me they probably went for scrap. $600 of SVT wheels reduced to $5.00 forth of scrap (if that).

They also got into one of my neighbors cars and took his wallet. Tried to buy a bunch of stuff at Walmart with his debug card.

Double sucks to have tools stolen. Am I still a man without my 220 piece craftsman mechanics set? I'm not sure. I always judge people by what tools they own. If your a twenty two year old and you don't own a decent set of tools you are no man. You are a boy at best.
    I went to work on the focus and I can I haveNO SOCKETS. JAGOFFS!

Well I can't solder worth crap. But I managed to work around that fact. Now if I can just re grow my fingerprints.

Bald snow tires + wet roads = a hole punched in my front bumper.
    Focus spun around this morning and hit the ditch/ hillside hard. Ended up tipped way over. Drivers door wouldn't open all the way because it was hitting the road. I was super lucky. Silver dollar sized hole in the bumper and a bumper scuff.

Dammit man.... Sorry to hear that shit man!!!

I got off pretty easy. Almost flipped it and that is no easy feat for a car as low and tightly sprung as mine...

Do you have any good luck?

I do, just not with my car. Haha.

How do I install an engine mount with no socket set/ ratchets? My son said I can use his tools. Somehow I don't think a plastic wrench will do the trick.

Guess I'm buying new tools.

Look at Sears, they often have Craftsman stuff on sale.

Looked there also looking at the kobalt stuff at lowes. Opinions?

I have craftsmen kobalt gear wrench. They all work the same for light automotive work. Hell I even have some Stanley from Walmart.

Every Christmas Lowes puts a 227 piece Kobalt set on sale for $99. I received a set two years ago. Ive abused it. Its still works great. Ive given about 5 sets out for presents.
    '14 WRX
    I miss fast cars and fast women.

remember me this december dude! lol.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com