Thread: FLD's 6/1/14

Default FLD's 6/1/14

Who is in for the second FLD event? As long as it's not rained out I plan on going to race, Tom's Cobra is still in pieces so that car is out but they have a '14 Roush stage 3 5.0 Mustang that will play since it did ok at the first event. Sister-in-laws Z/28 won't be at this one (conflicting dates)
    Friend from Chas should be there with BMW 335xi
    Come out and play!
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '84 Buick Regal 3.8 Turbo
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

Default Re: FLD's 6/1/14

I will be there, tunes still not 100%. Hoping it will hook a little better this time! Will be there with a couple buddies and there cars. 11 second ranger and low 12 Nova.

Robbie

I'm planning on it. Cars at Rodeheavers now for a tune. Got beat twice last time, but was still fun racing.

Me!!!
    09 Sonata (My DD)
    92 C1500 ( Winter Beater/ Hauler)

07accord - "I want to be a nittany lion!"
    "I'm pretty sure I have no fam. in South Jersey.Real mullet fairing people don't have spray tans." Levilz

is it still 1/8 mile?

Just got back from my Dyno tune, had a nitrous explosion. I won't be racing Sunday

I got this e-mail today. Looks like they have rules for the FLD part of the event. So I would hope all cars fit in them.
    I am cracking up about the outlaw hour now having rules. Cant they make up their minds?

Today at 10:36 AM
    Untitled Document [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD] NEXT RACE:
    This Sunday, June 1st at Waynesburg

Get ready for the second installment of the Flashlight Drags this Sunday, June 1st. The weather is going to be perfect.
    The airport remains under construction, but we'll have plenty of parking for everyone. Please be patient with this project. Greene County has been great to all of us, and the improvements will prove to be better for us in the long-run.
    Roots Sports will be airing Open Throttle 360 this season, and The Flashlight Drags will be featured on this Saturday's show. Check local listing for exact time.
    Outlaw Hour - remember even though you are considered Outlaws, you still need to have all of the proper paper work, insurance, and registration in order to race in Greene County.
    Watch this Video
    We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday. Please pass the word and LIKE us on Facebook.
    Hope to see everyone on Sunday!
    Be Patient! (with the construction)
    Be Safe!
    Be There!
    Michael

Get Event Updates
    Sign up for text, email alerts for up to the minute updates and cancellations on your phone. Click Here

Simple Rules
    These events are intended for street cars and trucks only!

• The vehicle must be a street legal vehicle with all of the appropriate paperwork available
      • Proof of Insurance
      • A valid Driver's License
      • Drivers must be 18 years old or have a notarized parental consent form. You can find a form on our website at www.flashlightdrags.com

• SAFETY FIRST!
    • Have fun – this is a family-friendly event
    • 1/8 mile distance – 660 feet of the fastest pavement in Greene County
    • Valid Driver's License
    • Proof of Insurance
    • Current State Inspection (if a PA car)
    • DOT Tires
    • Mufflers required
    • Burn Outs – Designated Area only
    • No Passengers (except Parade Lap)
    • Racers must sign Greene County Waiver
    • Convertibles – tops up or bring a helmet
    • Speed limit in the spectator return lane 25 MPH

Additional rules are explained during the mandatory Drivers' Meeting before the races begin.

2014 RACE SCHEDULE
    June 1 - Sunday - Waynesburg*
    July 6 - Sunday - Waynesburg*
    July 12 - Saturday - SPECIAL EVENT
    Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix @
    Pittsburgh Int'l Race Complex (formally BeaveRun)
    August 3 - Sunday - Waynesburg PID Day*
    August 17 - Sunday - Pittsburgh Int'l Race Complex
    September 13 - Saturday - Waynesburg*
    September 28 - Sunday - Pittsburgh Int'l Race Complex

*Outlaw Hour 6-7 PM (Waynesburg only)
    Sponsorships and Advertising Opportunities
    If you would like to advertise or promote your business, we have several ways for you to reach your market. Call Michael for details. 412-973-8608

Michael Schindel
    The AG Group
    412-973-8608
    schindelm@gmail.com
    Box 119
    Bradfordwoods PA 15015

For up to date information, go to www.FlashlightDrags.com

[/TD]
    [/TR]

Quote Originally Posted by mgtf289 View Post
    Just got back from my Dyno tune, had a nitrous explosion. I won't be racing Sunday
    Well that literally blows.. wanted to see her in action again, nothing looks or sounds like the MG running down the airfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by partsman View Post
    is it still 1/8 mile?
    In fact it is but I see people racing well past the end so let's call it 1/3 mile.
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

Just bolted the drag radials on and washed it tonight. I'm ready to have some fun.
    No Burnout Bill

Can anyone explain to me what happens at these events? I know racing but is it a car show atmosphere too?

I'm debating on going to the Mylan park car show in the morning and then to the FLD's or just going to the FLD's.

I'm not entering my car in either event...

Should be racing then if not you will pay 5 dollars to look at cars that are racing, not really a show event. Cars are only sitting still when cooling off or tired of going out and getting beat or tired of doing the beating. Otherwise it's trailers and dd's parked all around.
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

Another great but hot day for racing. Not as many machines as I was expecting. I was a later arrival nearly 2pm and was number 126.
    Crazy thing that went down I missed: Viper spun out with a 360 across the air strip. I didn't get the time I wanted to tune tbe Buick fully so it was just on 18psi and safe enough to beat on. I was satisfied with two back to back beatings of friends new '14 Roush stage 3 Mustang. Other members were doing very well, saw a few new machines and also seen a bunch of racers at Golden Corral afterwards.
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

442.jpgwatching this thing pull the front tires was fun
    just a slow lt1

Lowtec any vids? I'm planning on going to July event I worked this past sunday

HSR, AFR heads, xfi268 roller cam, 1.6 promag rockers, slp pushrods, 30lb ford red-top injectors, hedman headers & y-pipe, 3.5" pipes, BMR wonderbar, Edelbrock torque arm, SPOHN adjustable panhard bar, lakewood control arms, ls1 rear brakes....to be continued....

A few, not the best I was using someone else's camera to record while not racing, get them up tonight.

The '69 Olds was bad ass riding these wheel stands out not just them popping up.
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

The blue mustang got him in the final though. I guess smooth and steady does win races.
    Last edited by maromatt; 06-02-2014 at 01:43 PM.

I got spanked on my first race but did ok after that. Dad, on the other hand, had something let go in his engine. On his third run he got about half way down the strip, then total smoke/steam coming out the rear and the engine just quit. After getting home last night, drained the oil. First thing that came out was about six quarts of water/antifreeze, then the oil. He thinks he heard some major rattling when it happened. Could be anything from a head gasket to who knows what. Dad seems to think the tranny let go and then over revved the engine. I guess we'll see.
    No Burnout Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Shockstang View Post
    I got spanked on my first race but did ok after that. Dad, on the other hand, had something let go in his engine. On his third run he got about half way down the strip, then total smoke/steam coming out the rear and the engine just quit. After getting home last night, drained the oil. First thing that came out was about six quarts of water/antifreeze, then the oil. He thinks he heard some major rattling when it happened. Could be anything from a head gasket to who knows what. Dad seems to think the tranny let go and then over revved the engine. I guess we'll see.
    Sounds almost identical to how it went down for me last Sept. Hope his isn't as catastrophic as mine was.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shockstang View Post
    Hope your dads cars isnt tore up too bad!! My car runs almost a full second faster than you dads car in the 1/4 but he fenders me every time I line up with him at the flashlight drags lol Always makes for some excitement. Hope its something minor and he's back up and running for the next event. My buddy in the white ranger ripped 2nd gear out...maybe that means I can get him to bring out his 700 horse cobra next time.

Robbie

Thanks guys. We think the motor is toast. Soon as we get it pulled, I'll give you an update.
    Yellowrocket, did my jaw drop to the ground before we raced when you told what was under your hood?
    No Burnout Bill

Bummer about your dad's Monte, I saw it loaded up at Waynesburg toward the end of day then again at Golden Corral. I know he wanted to run the Buick last year but never could get lined up with him in time. Hope you guy's find it not totally trashed.
    I've been really busy/tired but I'll get these low quality videos up soon
    Last edited by lowtecoldschool; 06-04-2014 at 10:49 PM. Reason: neen?
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg

Not looking very good after pulling the valve covers and plugs.
    No Burnout Bill

^-No not good at all.

Some vids: the first is the grudge race we had going on Facebook 335Xi vs Mach1
    June 1st FLD's Waynesburg, PA:

- - - Updated - - -

My friends switched cars:
    June 1st FLD's Waynesburg, PA #4: http://youtu.be/j_0n3JIq5as

- - - Updated - - -

The supercharged Mustangs battling. June 1st FLD's Waynesburg, PA: http://youtu.be/ELnBA8Ffgng

- - - Updated - - -

Taking out of Roush stage 3:June 1st FLD's Waynesburg, PA #2: http://youtu.be/LRFvb9wOrfM
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4