Thread: FLD update

Default FLD update

I spent the day with FLD Michael
    We had talks about the price increase and possible ways to help
    getting good response on the Outlaw Hour
    an End of Year Party being planned mid Oct
    i know one of our popular site is down so please use the FLD blog to let them know your desires and concerns

Default Re: FLD update

Thank you for talking to Michael.

That blog was last updated 2011 the last time I looked. That's one of the things I brought up to him at WoW when I ran into him.

I still think they should consider running the outlaws during the day. Maybe make a special announcement for a few 15min spots during the day to get them up there for passes. Those cars are going to need cool downs, packed with ice and charged between passes so an hour is mostly going to be wasted on cooling the car down and prep. I know I wouldn't be hot lapping an all out drag car.
    Last edited by Ruthless; 03-07-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra
    Founding member of Fast mustang on jack stands garage.
    (Crap I broke it good this time!)

I don't understand why they don't just partner with a couple of sites or something .. making people go out of their way to comment or bitch won't help .. i for one am busy, and not really interested enough to go figure things out.

The whole idea behind the price increase kind of annoys me. maybe if they were offering more value or something a free dollar item with signup or whatever would be nice... I have opted out of the last few because of other busy obligations.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout View Post
    FLD needs a forum to call home we would be happy to set them up something. I have always been a big fan of the event and don't mind helping out if needed.
    I think that's a great idea!
    Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra

Agreed with Roger. This would be a good home for them.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Great ill pass that on
    Thanx for the offer

That and they can do a direct link to it so folks don't have to come through the front page of WV streets. hit their website, go through their forum, they can moderate their forum as they see fit. It is a service that's offered through our vendors.

Roger is one of the better graphics people i've met also, so you can bed it can be pretty snazzy looking.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

ha... i edited while you were typing. .... I'd love to see them do it.. and I'd love to have one closer.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I think the issue with the FLD guys not updating their site much is because they are not computer people. I don't think they want to spend time on a form answering questions. That's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout View Post
    I got to think that the majority of participants are online. A strong web presents is a must regardless where, they do need a place online for racers/sponsors to reach out to them and get answers.
    I agree with this 100% a web presence in this day and age is mandatory if you are going to survive.

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

I agree. This going to the drivers meetings to hear about changes is just crazy if you ask me.
    Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra

Great feedback and you are right there are no computer people in staff
    Ill try and get Michael to let someone handle the computer stuff