Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2014 FLDs Call Outs

Default Re: 2014 FLDs Call Outs

Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    What kind of fuck stick complains about a pig roast? That's unamerican.
    Tell me about it. The more I keep my mouth shut the more stuff that I love gets canned or screwed up. So my moth is open now... Don't mess with my racing!!

- - - Updated - - -

D-Rod nailed it.

It was about getting forced to line up with cars that might be faster. I loved it! Most of those guys wouldn't give me the time of day otherwise.

They need a new saying so I have been thinking of something more PC.

FLDs where everyone is a winner!! < Feels like the special Olympics. (Something with a rainbow)
    or
    FLDs There are no looser...Lets hug!! (Mike with his hands stretched out)
    or
    FLDs It isn't just your mother that thinks you are special!! (Turk giving a smile and a wink.)
    Last edited by Ruthless; 04-29-2014 at 02:34 PM.

I honestly dont care either way about the classes. I didnt watch the video, I dont read the blog.
    Change is good. At least they are trying to change things up to see what works and doesnt. There must be something to it, they are still around and thats a good thing.

When I think of flashlight drags though I think of a run what you brung and hope its enough. No trophies, no classes, nothing. Just good fun.
    Its on a 1/8th mile piece of cement that isnt prepped. How serious should this be exactly?
    If I want to see classes Ill go watch an actual drag racing event where people are paid to worry about that shit. I attend the FLD to have fun with my friends and family.

I feel like the people bitching about this outlaw class are mad that they wont be able to compete now.
    '14 WRX
    I miss fast cars and fast women.

Ill admit that im mad I won't be able to compete. Lol I brought a decently fast street car to a street car event and loved battleing for a pink slip and seeing how far I could go. Ever play poker for money and then next time play just for fun? Its kinda like that for me. Its not about the money but the fact that there are some stakes are on the table. If there was a class that every car was competitive in.......I bet everyone would enjoy their class and the pink slip idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mykal View Post
    I honestly dont care either way about the classes. I didnt watch the video, I dont read the blog.
    Change is good. At least they are trying to change things up to see what works and doesnt. There must be something to it, they are still around and thats a good thing.

When I think of flashlight drags though I think of a run what you brung and hope its enough. No trophies, no classes, nothing. Just good fun.
    Its on a 1/8th mile piece of cement that isnt prepped. How serious should this be exactly?
    If I want to see classes Ill go watch an actual drag racing event where people are paid to worry about that shit. I attend the FLD to have fun with my friends and family.

I feel like the people bitching about this outlaw class are mad that they wont be able to compete now.
    I feel the same way. Maybe Dave is right, and the classes aren't as fun to the people who didn't have the cars necessary to win them. I don't know because I've never been on the big money side of the event. I've been going to these things since the beginning though and I personally found the more laid back approach that was used the first few years alot more fun than the more recent ones. I understand where some people are coming from with the statement that some of the faster guys wouldn't run people that they didn't feel were worthy. Early on, it wasn't like that. People who wanted to race didn't mind lining up with whoever else wanted to race. Plenty of surprises came about then, some probably even more surprising than the races set up in the class system. Now, more people are showing up in race cars, and only running other race cars, while not paying any attention to anything else that even looks like it's street legal. As someone who has a true street car, I'm sure it can be frustrating when someone assumes your car isn't as quick as theirs because it's not minitubbed and there is no blower poking out of the hood. In a perfect world, everyone would have my mentality toward the whole thing. It's fun to run regardless of what's beside you. I never did care if it was a stock Aspire or a Rail, I'll run whoever. If I lose, better luck next time. If I win, good for me.

And I don't understand the notion that eliminating the classes takes the competitive edge out of it at all. It just basically takes away some of the "look at me" that you get with winning a class. Without the class system, you can still compete with everything that you could compete with otherwise, it's just more about the self-gratification of being able to beat the competition that you hunt up yourself, instead of beating someone assigned to you. I dunno. 10 different people will see the event 10 different ways. To me, the event should be this: Show up. Have fun running whatever you bring against whatever whoever else brought. If you didn't bring enough to run with the big dogs, Take advantage of the ability to hot lap the car all afternoon. If you bring a race car, race it two or three times, load it on the trailer and enjoy the rest of the day. I think if you're in it to be at the top of a specific class or win trophies, money, or whatever, the track isn't much further of a drive.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Levilz, you are completely on it! I have been going to these events since I got out of the military in 2008. Started with a high 13 second car, then a 12, 11 and now knocking on the 10s. I have never competed in the classes, I go up run my buddies and anybody else there and have fun with it. When they started the classes is when all the bitching started. Guy with a supercharged new car doesnt think he should have to run a old high compression car. Guy thats N/A shouldnt have to run a car with NOS. Guy thats mini tubbed shouldnt have to run one thats not. There is no end to it! I built a pump gas caddy motor and was getting my ass handed to me by new stangs with bolt ons, built a stout high compression motor to run with turbo, blower and NOS cars now Im a race car. We use to make our own brackets from the guys here on streets, remember those days. It is what it is, I will be there sunday with 5-6 of my buddies to have fun. Maybe I will see some of you there

Robbie

I was going to bring that up.....remember when we had a streets bracket? Thats exactly my point, the classes bring a little more fun and competativeness like the bracket does. I dont think anyone cares about the recognition or anything like that. Hell I watched Ryan win the semi finals and then give his pink slip to someone else even though he would have crushed the GTR he would have faced. He raced all his competition that day, the gtr wasnt even a fun race for him.

BTW- not sure if you were referring to me about a supercharged new car that doesnt think he should race an old high cr car but my races with the red coronet were my favorite races. I never bitched about racing him. Do I think he should have been in the street class? No, but right when I see him I tell him I want to line up.

Here is my opinion. When the fld's first started it was almost all street cars. A high 12 sec car did really well so everyone was competative. When your car is competative, everyone enjoys it more. Well over the years cars have gotten much faster and the classes have driven people to get faster. A lot of people have not gotten faster over the years so the fun and competativeness have dropped and they look back at the beginning of the flashlight drags that were more fun for them.

Of course if you cant compete, why would you like the pink slip idea? I dont think it was the people bitching who participated in pink slips who ended it, but the people who could not participate in pink slips bitching is who ended it.

I didnt mean that towards you Drod or Ruthless, was just generally speaking. I was planning to run in the street class this year. All I was saying is after watching the drags going to classes time and time again I have seen someone get knocked out by what they did not see as a street car (cause it had a cage, skinny front tires, wasnt on pump 93) and come back to the pits raising hell and stirring all kinds of shit up!! Then it got to the point you couldnt go and call one of the faster guys out because you had to wait for the class because he wasnt wasting time until then. Maybe I am all wrong in my thinking. I like having a place within an hours drive to run my buddies legally. Got real tired seeing guys butthurt over losing in the brackets whining to all the officials and everyone around them.

Robbie

For once I agree with D-rod, all the people who have 12 sec cars crying because they were raised in this everyone gets a trophy day and age is what killed it.
    Fact was you needed to have a very low 10 sec or faster car that worked without prep to be in the finals for street.

No classes almost makes me not want to go.

But I'll cal out D-rod, Loser buys the Ice Cream ! (I like Ice cream this could be a big expense for you )

And yes my street car will be there on big and littles, Its a drag race event why would I not show up with a setup to have my car perform the best that it can.
    Last edited by ttk53; 04-30-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Call out accepted. Heard your car is even nastier now. Looks like I better go 100% meth and throw some timing at her. You like ice cream?????? Who would have ever guessed!!!! ha

Oh hell if we are racing for ice cream, I will get the car fixed in a few days. LOL
    Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra
    Founding member of Fast mustang on jack stands garage.
    (Crap I broke it good this time!)

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    Call out accepted. Heard your car is even nastier now. Looks like I better go 100% meth and throw some timing at her. You like ice cream?????? Who would have ever guessed!!!! ha

it's on a progressive hundo shot so you may need more boost or a Ferd mill in that chebby................
    -John

I know Im in trouble when I see Tony remove his windshield wipers and go take a poop before the race. Thats when shit gets real.

Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout
    I was the least gay ford guy

Quote Originally Posted by somethingclever View Post
    it's on a progressive hundo shot so you may need more boost or a Ferd mill in that chebby................
    Why you gotta be spreading my business all over the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    I know Im in trouble when I see Tony remove his windshield wipers and go take a poop before the race. Thats when shit gets real.
    I wont have to poop I'm not eating from now till the race, it will save weight and make the Icecream taste all that much better.

I can't remove my wipers from my "street car", I do have speed holes drilled in them tho.
    Last edited by ttk53; 04-30-2014 at 02:00 PM.

I love all these posts about "Run what you brung and hope its enough". That's exactly how it was until the cry babies wanted to split things up so they could think they had a fast import, truck or whatever when they couldn't hang with the drag cars. So poof they made Big Dog. Then the people still cried so they made Top Street. Then the trucks and imports where left so they cried and got their own classes.

Now they cry more and then all the classes go away and some of you act like its a move in a new direction. LOL

So now the FLDs crew charges $30 to open the gate and hit the button for the light?

Lol. What I think it all boils down to, is that people are going to bitch, no matter what system they use. It's inherent when you get several hundred people together that they aren't all going to like the same thing, even though the core of the entire group is the same. The FLD people need to just decide how they want to do the event, stick to their guns, and tell the people who decide it doesn't meet their needs to take their whiny asses somewhere else. Personally, I'm just happy they do the things, and I'll go, whenever I'm able, regardless of whether there are 4000 classes, or none at all. The event is what each individual makes of it, nothing more. With this system, you can bracket up, if you want, run the shit out of your car all day against anyone else who decides they're not "too good" to run you, or race one or two times, cool down, and run a few more later. I'm more for this system than the one with a ton of different groups, but I'm just as happy either way.

I wasn't able to go to the event where the pink slips were given out. I know Dave liked them, but I never experienced it. Was it just something where you just raced whoever you wanted who had a slip too, or were there different slips for different people? Dunno. It sounds like it could have been cool depending on how it was run. Were you able to keep running with your friends or whatever after you lost your slip, or did losing the slip mean you were parked for the afternoon?

RNA Team #217
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)

www.elzaperformance.com

Seems to me that there are cry babies on both sides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    '14 WRX
    I miss fast cars and fast women.

That's for sure. There is no shortage of whiny asses on both sides of the table. I'm seated firmly in the "whatthefuckever" section.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

Lol. What I think it all boils down to, is that people are going to bitch, no matter what system they use. It's inherent when you get several hundred people together that they aren't all going to like the same thing, even though the core of the entire group is the same. The FLD people need to just decide how they want to do the event, stick to their guns, and tell the people who decide it doesn't meet their needs to take their whiny asses somewhere else. Personally, I'm just happy they do the things, and I'll go, whenever I'm able, regardless of whether there are 4000 classes, or none at all. The event is what each individual makes of it, nothing more. With this system, you can bracket up, if you want, run the shit out of your car all day against anyone else who decides they're not "too good" to run you, or race one or two times, cool down, and run a few more later. I'm more for this system than the one with a ton of different groups, but I'm just as happy either way.

I wasn't able to go to the event where the pink slips were given out. I know Dave liked them, but I never experienced it. Was it just something where you just raced whoever you wanted who had a slip too, or were there different slips for different people? Dunno. It sounds like it could have been cool depending on how it was run. Were you able to keep running with your friends or whatever after you lost your slip, or did losing the slip mean you were parked for the afternoon?
    How pink slips worked.......5 were given out for each class at the driver meeting. If you had a pink slip, you parked separate from everyone else. If you wanted to challenge someone with a pink slip, you called them out. If you win, you now park separate from everyone else. At the end of the day, the 5 cars holding pink slips battled it out. If you did not want to do the pink slip thing then it was really transparent to you. You raced just like normal. I usually had cars call me out throughout the day so I raced like normal and then towards the end I would go after a pink slip to try to get into eliminations. Its fun and it did bring some crying but who cares, it was more fun for the cars that were fast enough to compete and it was a lot more fun to watch as a spectator.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ttk53 View Post
    Z06 was just cruising.....didnt even know they were racing and it was still close. lol

Really, that doesnt sound bad to me either. It had no affect on the people who didnt want to participate, so where's the issue? If someone didn't want to get butt hurt, they shouldn't have taken the slips.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

Really, that doesnt sound bad to me either. It had no affect on the people who didnt want to participate, so where's the issue? If someone didn't want to get butt hurt, they shouldn't have taken the slips.

The biggest issue was not the crying by the guys that liked the pink slips but the people who were not fast enough to do the pink slips. Kinda one of those "if I cant do it, then I dont want anyone doing it" kind of thing. I will say that before the pink slip thing, cars that wanted to continuously hot lap would get more passes in if they wanted. I remember times a long time ago when you could have made 50 passes if you never stopped. But the event have grown greatly since then so that has an affect too.

And that was what I liked with the classless events I was one of the dumbasses getting 50 runs in, lol. I never had a bitch though about that getting cut down some. Hell, it was probably better that I did cool it down some anyway. It is what it is though. They just need to start handing out tampons and xanax at the entrance.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

True story!

My wife has a few stories of guys coming back after a race and kicking their cars. LOL I got to hear about them on the trip home and some are classic. One was the guy that drives a fox body and wears a cowboy hat.
    Last edited by Ruthless; 04-30-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Foxbody and cowboy hat sounds like a perfect formula for a douche bag to me. Hahahaha

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com