Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 FLDs Call Outs

Default Re: 2014 FLDs Call Outs

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineerjeff View Post
    Yea it's a good time for all...as far as trailer queens, I stick to it....I bring my canopy,cooler and tools in the back of my daily to the "street racing." Idk man I don't have a problem with the cars that come in on trailers, I just don't think you should be eligible to win the eliminations at a "street car" event. I also think that people that want to "settle the score" or make a callout shouldn't be allowed to swap tires or run race gas...Idk why but it just bothers me when I have to race my 100% street car against guys who complain about having everything perfect....but yea, if you bring everything in your truck by all means thanks, and more power to ya, however that's probably not gonna limit the amount of trash talking I do, lol.
    Boy your full of contradictions lol. I swap tires at the events when I drive because my DOT drag radials are almost $500 but still 100% street legal. so what I dont have deep pockets and see no reason to wear em out for the 3 hours of driving time there and back. I was running race gas in my 100% street car. Whats that matter, Im doing it on motor while your doing it with spray right? Speaking of that how is your ride 100% street legal with juice? Last time I got pulled over with a bottle hooked up in a "street car" it didnt go over so well! It bothers you about guys complaining how everything has to be perfect for them but you were just bitching about guys switching tires or running race gas.....weird. Thats like me saying I wont run you or its not fair for you to be in a street class even cause you have nitrous??

Personally I could give a flying fuck less about winning a street car shootout, I go to have fun. Racing comes down to $$$ who ever has the most of it usually has the quickest car. Built my "street car" with lots and lots of overtime at work in my dirt floor garage and love it. People who dont like race gas or whatever else dont line up with me...I promise it wont hurt my feelings lol

Robbie

Quote Originally Posted by yellowroket View Post
    Yea it's a good time for all...as far as trailer queens, I stick to it....I bring my canopy,cooler and tools in the back of my daily to the "street racing." Idk man I don't have a problem with the cars that come in on trailers, I just don't think you should be eligible to win the eliminations at a "street car" event. I also think that people that want to "settle the score" or make a callout shouldn't be allowed to swap tires or run race gas...Idk why but it just bothers me when I have to race my 100% street car against guys who complain about having everything perfect....but yea, if you bring everything in your truck by all means thanks, and more power to ya, however that's probably not gonna limit the amount of trash talking I do, lol.
    Boy your full of contradictions lol. I swap tires at the events when I drive because my DOT drag radials are almost $500 but still 100% street legal. so what I dont have deep pockets and see no reason to wear em out for the 3 hours of driving time there and back. I was running race gas in my 100% street car. Whats that matter, Im doing it on motor while your doing it with spray right? Speaking of that how is your ride 100% street legal with juice? Last time I got pulled over with a bottle hooked up in a "street car" it didnt go over so well! It bothers you about guys complaining how everything has to be perfect for them but you were just bitching about guys switching tires or running race gas.....weird. Thats like me saying I wont run you or its not fair for you to be in a street class even cause you have nitrous??

Personally I could give a flying fuck less about winning a street car shootout, I go to have fun. Racing comes down to $$$ who ever has the most of it usually has the quickest car. Built my "street car" with lots and lots of overtime at work in my dirt floor garage and love it. People who dont like race gas or whatever else dont line up with me...I promise it wont hurt my feelings lol

Robbie
    Yea you're right about most of that...really don't care about winning or losing and most of the time I personally don't even enter the eliminations. But for some reason it just bothers me when people show up with built drag cars. I really don't know why, and you're right it's all about fun...I guess it's not everyone it's just certain people and how they carry themselves. I think what you said has the biggest reason for my outlook, which is you're right and racing comes down to who has the deepest pockets, so sometimes I feel like classes should be divided up based on $$$...which obviously wouldn't work either. Idk,like I said it's not everyone, it's just how certain people treat the situation.

As far as nitrous goes, I'm sure you have had cops bother you about all kinds of stuff, that doesn't mean that it's necessarily illegal, it just means you have a cop that looking for a reason to be a jerk. I've been pulled over, or stopped at check points a hundred times and never had an issue with my bottle. There is no law in WV against it. It's just a fuel container, no law saying what type of fuel you can run.

Last edited by Ruthless; 04-29-2014 at 12:30 PM.
    Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra
    Founding member of Fast mustang on jack stands garage.
    (Crap I broke it good this time!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    YAWN...another person afraid of my factory engine 93 pump gas feed street car with a turbo just because I don't want to drive it down and happen to own a trailer.

The drag cars are mostly run in the bid dog class that has been eliminated this year. All of those cars will run in the outlaw hour.

For the ones running top street...I will use my trailered street car to keep them in check.
    No one is afraid of anything...I guess my deal is I use fld, to settle a lot of arguments with people that feel safer at fld, than on the street. Then I feel cheated when they come to fld, on racegas and slicks...as far as the mustang goes, I've seen you get gas at the bp. Maybe the solution to my whining would be an extra class. Top street, and street.

Nobody may feel the same way as I do, but oh well, lol. I'm still anti-class at the FLD, in general. I miss showing up with whatever, running it against whoever, however many times you want.... basically just showing up, having a good time and going home. It's all about this class and that class now, which I think, destroys the point of what it was designed for initially. Now, it is like they're basically trying to cram 100 gallons of shit in a 50 gallon bag. They are coming up with the different classes, then an outlaw hour on top of that, and doing all this in one afternoon, and I don't feel that there is really enough time for all that.

To me, if you want some big organized event with a specific class for everyone to fit in to, why not go to the track anyway.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

I got ya. The cry babies are definitely the source of the problems. People need to just shut up and enjoy themselves. Lol.

RNA Team #217
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)

www.elzaperformance.com

I think the outlaw hour came because of the cry babies. They dropped the Top Dog class all together and are now forcing those cars into the outlaw hour and dropping all the rules.
    You got that right !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    I got ya. The cry babies are definitely the source of the problems. People need to just shut up and enjoy themselves. Lol.
    X2

No one is afraid of anything...I guess my deal is I use fld, to settle a lot of arguments with people that feel safer at fld, than on the street. Then I feel cheated when they come to fld, on racegas and slicks...as far as the mustang goes, I've seen you get gas at the bp. Maybe the solution to my whining would be an extra class. Top street, and street.
    Your post is a bit confusing. How can you complain bout cars at the FLDs if there are no rules on the street? If had a money race on the street I would run full slicks, heck with the DOTs.

I cant count how many times I have asked for another class for cars beyond the bolt on mods. However putting a car like mine against Top Dog cars isnt right so I didn't play that game much.
    You're right, on the street, it's run what ya brung. But maybe it's just bad personal experiences I've had. Like for example trash talker says his car will whoop up on mine, then when we get there he is changing up his setup, like borrowing a set of slicks. Basically doing things they would not do on the street.

As far as the free for all, vs classes goes. I run everyone throughout the day. When I speak about classes I'm only referring to eliminations. And I think if you are gonna have ANY competition than it needs to be fair and the rules need to be followed. If not, just get rid of the bracket altogether.

Nobody may feel the same way as I do, but oh well, lol. I'm still anti-class at the FLD, in general. I miss showing up with whatever, running it against whoever, however many times you want.... basically just showing up, having a good time and going home. It's all about this class and that class now, which I think, destroys the point of what it was designed for initially. Now, it is like they're basically trying to cram 100 gallons of shit in a 50 gallon bag. They are coming up with the different classes, then an outlaw hour on top of that, and doing all this in one afternoon, and I don't feel that there is really enough time for all that.

To me, if you want some big organized event with a specific class for everyone to fit in to, why not go to the track anyway.
    Agree, it's lost its appeal to me. It used to be way more fun and you got way more runs. Did not go last year at all because it is so disorganized now and too many people bitching and complaining. Might give it a try this year again hope it improves.

2002 Trans/Am White WS6 M6
    2012 Corvette GS M6

I'll keep going as long as they keep having them...if for no other reason than to support the community. It does bring a good bit of business to waynesburg, that, and the airport took a huge chance with the faa disaffiliation. I feel like I owe it to the town I went to school in.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

I'll keep going as long as they keep having them...if for no other reason than to support the community. It does bring a good bit of business to waynesburg, that, and the airport took a huge chance with the faa disaffiliation.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk
    agree 100%
    just a slow lt1

I will probably go to a couple this year. I want to race Robbie that way when my transmission goes he can help me put in a new one lol.
    Last edited by JRs73Stang; 03-16-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Completely Original

Quote Originally Posted by JRs73Stang View Post
    I will probably go to a couple this year. I want to race Robbie that way when my transmission goes he can help me put in a new one lol.
    You dont have to get embarrassed just for some help with a trans lol Just kidding! Say the word and we will tear into it. One of my good buddies up here has a lift in his garage and wouldnt mind one bit letting us use it. Could be out with the old an in with the new in a couple hours!

Robbie

As I have said before could give a shit less about winning the eliminations (will enter them this year though). I have always had fun up there! Usually all my hot rod buddies go up and I always see people from here on streets there. Bitching and whinning aside, I agree with you guys and will gladly continue to support the event. Hell being on corn this year maybe I will even have some extra $$ to buy some T shirts and food lol
    Last edited by yellowroket; 03-16-2014 at 01:39 AM.

LMAO Embarrassed!?....NO, but I wouldn't be surprised if I left that transmission at the burnout box lol. I have a lot of work to do to my car I need to stop buying shit for the Harley and put some money into the car.

Completely Original

Last edited by Ruthless; 04-29-2014 at 12:31 PM.

I'm gonna miss the first two. I should be able to make it to the rest though.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra

Auto=gay

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout
    I was the least gay ford guy

Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    Auto=fast
    fixed
    2012 ZL1

Roto fab cai
    10% lower pulley (10psi)
    catless
    canned tune
    11.04@ 128. on Hoosier dr's and skinnies
    1100 DA @ PRP