Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 FLDs Call Outs

Default Re: 2014 FLDs Call Outs

Hi Jeff, Welcome!
    We can run them again and as far as me lying about you not racing me last year... that's misunderstood because I wasn't in the Buick at the time, fact is the Buick didn't make it too the last 4 FLD events. I remember our first race well...... wasn't close though but who cares two slow machines raced each other. So anyways it was fun to watch you at the last FLD @ PittRace.. what's that funny sound blower sound when you get on it.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by lowtecoldschool; 03-12-2014 at 07:46 PM. Reason: did I?
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '84 Buick Regal 3.8 Turbo
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

May5th Last ride for the Buick at the FLD's last year VS Mitchell777's 640whp Cobra
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by lowtecoldschool View Post
    he would not run against the Buick last year.
    that Def is not a true statement. The one time I got a chance to run you, and offered, you were already loading up the Buick and was swapping back to street tires...even though I race on the same junk tires I daily....however as long as you are willing to let me have a rematch, then alls well that ends well. Because yes you did beat the jeep, but I think I got a fair chance now.

I'm just trying to clear up some mis information and some mis conceptions. I will say the jeep is one of the fastest AND cheapest daily drivers around. I drive the jeep the exact same way I race it. Same tune, same fuel, same tires, same weight, and I still spray on it every chance I get. No trailer queen attributes at all.

Sorry everyone who really cares I have been wrong before and I retract the bogus statement. Ok moving on the old broken Buick is traction limited, it will only perform with DR's or slicks on and I will never race with street tires it does not work.
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineerjeff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtecoldschool View Post
    he would not run against the Buick last year.
    that Def is not a true statement. The one time I got a chance to run you, and offered, you were already loading up the Buick and was swapping back to street tires...even though I race on the same junk tires I daily....however as long as you are willing to let me have a rematch, then alls well that ends well. Because yes you did beat the jeep, but I think I got a fair chance now.

I'm just trying to clear up some mis information and some mis conceptions. I will say the jeep is one of the fastest AND cheapest daily drivers around. I drive the jeep the exact same way I race it. Same tune, same fuel, same tires, same weight, and I still spray on it every chance I get. No trailer queen attributes at all.

Which jeep are you?
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Welcome to the site Jeff. I don't know what kind of heat you're really packing with the Jeep, but if it really is the mid 13 second vehicle, that whoever it was suggested, we should be close. I just picked up the TBSS, and it's bone stock at the moment. I'm swapping out the stock muffler for a 1-chamber and losing the resonator next week, but I'd say after that and some of the free mods, nothing else will change before summer, so mid to upper 13's is where I'll be. With that said, I don't care if the Jeep runs a 7 second 1/8 or a 12, I'll line up any time you want. I've handed a few asses and had a few handed to me. Fun either way.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Anyone else notice he at least acknowledged the TBSS, but didn't even give the time of day to Greg's PGT? That should piss off the old blue-oval ballswinger. LMAO!

RNA Team #217
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)

www.elzaperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    Anyone else notice he at least acknowledged the TBSS, but didn't even give the time of day to Greg's PGT? That should piss off the old blue-oval ballswinger. LMAO!
    270ftlbs of torque on a wrong wheel drive car is not a good recipe for the 1/8... you'll never see it at a FLD so carry on with your drag racing shit talking

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout
    I was the least gay ford guy

Bullshit excuse. I've seen plenty of wrong wheel drives with a lot more power than that thing has drag a car down the track in a hurry.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    270ftlbs of torque on a wrong wheel drive car is not a good recipe for the 1/8... you'll never see it at a FLD so carry on with your drag racing shit talking
    Well you started it, so grind whichever way you want, to try and back out now.

That's the reason I never bothered adding him to the list. Because it would just be another one of those "slow cars I race, so of course I won" type deals.

But that being said, after we play around at flashlight we can run the anal probe somewhere else.

I'm new here, so not calling you a liar, but I would like to see the 270 ftlb dyno graph

Its been a while... 264ftlbs

Bullshit excuse. I've seen plenty of wrong wheel drives with a lot more power than that thing has drag a car down the track in a hurry.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk
    This is my DD... sure I could change things to make it go better but then it would suck as my DD. Ive got an open diff too so that would have to be addressed

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer View Post
    This is my DD... sure I could change things to make it go better but then it would suck as my DD. Ive got an open diff too so that would have to be addressed
    Hmmmm, you do realize that the jeep is my DD right? And you are making excuses about racing a tractor whose motor dates back to hunting Hitler.

But then again you did bring up racing me in the probe, but now that I showed up and that is a reality, I guess you are just like everyone else and will find an excuse to backpedal your way out.

Last edited by Ruthless; 04-29-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra
    Founding member of Fast mustang on jack stands garage.
    (Crap I broke it good this time!)

Yeah, I'd like to see some too. A thread in the members' rides section would be cool.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

Just to prove the fact that it's not some trailer queen, it's a real street jeep.

www. streetfire. net/video/racejeep-gets-dirty_2432992.htm

You can follow the rest of the links to see some more vids...unlike previously stated I didn't take any vids Down, my website is just getting a makeover.

Your exactly right, His name is Tom he took your spot after you guys talked and the air field got oiled down. Took out a GTR to win top street.
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

Reading all this gives me the fever to get in on the action. All the 9, 10 and 11 second talk though kept me from even considering going but if there are some mid 13 second cars I might have some fun with the Omni after all. At the very least a fwd 4 cylinder with 300+ ft lbs of torque makes for some nice smoky videos.

You would have a ball man. There is everything from all-out drag cars to riced out (but stock running) cavaliers at these things. If you come up, you'll find some people to run close with.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

I took my Silverado SS once back when the trans was being rebuilt in the car, and had every bit as much fun in the brick as I would have in the car.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

Yea it's a good time for all...as far as trailer queens, I stick to it....I bring my canopy,cooler and tools in the back of my daily to the "street racing." Idk man I don't have a problem with the cars that come in on trailers, I just don't think you should be eligible to win the eliminations at a "street car" event. I also think that people that want to "settle the score" or make a callout shouldn't be allowed to swap tires or run race gas...Idk why but it just bothers me when I have to race my 100% street car against guys who complain about having everything perfect....but yea, if you bring everything in your truck by all means thanks, and more power to ya, however that's probably not gonna limit the amount of trash talking I do, lol.