Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 at FLD

Default Re: 2014 at FLD

It became a she when you took out the clutch

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout
    I was the least gay ford guy

Well that's good news for me. Kinda makes you think every time you get in your car and grab that shifter that you like so much.
    Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra
    Founding member of Fast mustang on jack stands garage.
    (Crap I broke it good this time!)

You touch the homo big D shift leaver every you want to go forwards or back lol

I hate that water bullshit on the track...... Tons of big fancy drag cars are what screws up prp test and tunes.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Ooh FYI if you can shift most t56's will handle your massive power
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Stevec5ws6 View Post
    Ooh FYI if you can shift most t56's will handle your massive power
    If I did that then the FLD guys would need to find something else to complain about.
    Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra

I definitely had alot more fun at the FLD's back in the 200*'s when it was just bring your shit and run. They're going to catre to whoever shows up with more money though, and that's definitely not coming from the classes I'm running in. It's a shame the FAA killed Cameron, because he did have a good thing going with Elkins that could have fed into other venues.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthless View Post
    I am getting a kick out of the stories I am hearing about what people have asked for at the events. Looks like the slowest cars want turns at the end of the tracks. LOL Must be nice to be happy with your car to the point where you ask for crazy crap to slow the faster cars down. What next restricted CIs, limited shots on No2 or turbo sizes?
    agree 100% I want a 1994 white Camaro auto only class. lol my pos is slow and im not crying about it. Where does it stop?? This is the FLDs not john force four wide.
    just a slow lt1

It would be really fun to race down, turn and race back, LMFAO

RNA Team #217
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)

www.elzaperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    haha yeah then a foot race back to the finish line!! oh wait im fat so I'd be even more slow
    just a slow lt1

I was talked into taking a peak at the UGH site's post about the FLDs and I am laughing so hard I am in tears. What a bunch of cry babies! They get so worked up that they don't even know what they are crying about anymore. Then out of no where a pic of the Red R/T gets posted. God I love that car! Its what keeps me working on mine.
    Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by maromatt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    haha yeah then a foot race back to the finish line!! oh wait im fat so I'd be even more slow
    Hell, I don't have functional ankles, so it would make for an entertaining run. Maybe I could race down to the far end, hop out, pull a power chair out of the back of the car, and run it back to the start/finish line.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

I was talked into taking a peak at the UGH site's post about the FLDs and I am laughing so hard I am in tears. What a bunch of cry babies! They get so worked up that they don't even know what they are crying about anymore. Then out of no where a pic of the Red R/T gets posted. God I love that car! Its what keeps me working on mine.
    Yeah its pretty bad over there. That red cornet is a street car and gets drove a lot. Ive seen that car at a lot of meets in or around Morgantown. I don't have a fast car and im not trying to invent a class to win. Ruthless I recognize your car and what I remember that stang is no joke! I do think the street class is alittle out of control. I still say it should be full exhaust, dot tires, no tubs small tire maybe stock suspension or close to it?? Leave the open outlaw class for race cars. It might make the street class more fun and get back to the street class
    Last edited by maromatt; 02-07-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    just a slow lt1

You should fit in there... They all eat, sleep and breath drag racing. Hell Tim has himself convinced his red race car is a street car lol

No most of them talk, type and dream drag racing. I have been hanging out with my buddies that go to events and either race or help their buddies with hands on experience. That internet racing is a joke, I am done with them and their childish games.

Tim's car can be driven on the street. Does it all the time at Carlisle but like me he has so much stuff to take he uses his truck for space and hauls the car out. Look up Larry Larson and Jeff Lutz on youtube. Those car street cars.

When talking about modded suspension I hav all of my cars pretty well modded but none to dead hook in the 1/8 mile.... Stay with the roots street racing on an air port make it too Sticky normal cars will break left and right ... I am also one who prefers to drive around a water box but the water goes across the track.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

If a "street car" gets a built rear end with 4:10 gears and moser axles (31 spline), is it still a street car? One of the FLD cry babies made these additions to his car and my cobra doesn't even have those "race car" mods. lol
    Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra

My vette has 4:11 gears.... I drive it more than most of the cars up there put together .
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

If 4:10's are race car material, I have a factory race truck....

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

Pretty sure Desiree's subie has 4:11's
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I'm not telling but 3rd gear at the 1/8th is 7400rpm

Did the cost of the FLDs go up? They are listed as $30 to race and $6 to watch. I thought it was $25 and $5?

This brings up a good question. How much money do you guys think you have in a day at the event? Gas, entry fees, wear and tear on the cars (race fuel, nitrous or whatever else you might need), food. I bet some are over the $200 mark.
    Last edited by Ruthless; 02-13-2014 at 08:05 AM.
    Ryan
    03 Sonic Blue Cobra

I guarantee some people have over $200 in it. If I take my wife and kid, it's $42 right off the bat. I try and get just enough gas before leaving to get there and race for the day, then fill up before going home. That ends up being around $75 in gas for the day. Food for the three of us usually ends up around $40 for the day. That's almost $160 and I didn't purchase the more expensive stuff, like race gas, n20, etc. If I would just tow the car there, instead of drive it, that would probably put me over the $200 mark.

If I leave the kid and the wife home, I can probably get away with a $110 day.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

Hell Im at $200 just in fuel (turbo blue) to actually drive my heap there race and come home. So its usually over $300 to beat on the car for a day. I trailered it up for the first time last year (saves me $150) and one of the flash light guys gave me a heap of shit, made me get out of line, unload the car and drive it back through. Told me he wouldnt allow me to trailer the car in and I had to unload it. While I was unloading mine a big ass tractor and trailer comes through and the guy jumped up on the running board and was laughing with the guy and allowed him right in. Long story short we had "words" . Some guys take the FLDs way too serious I could care less who has the fastest "street car". I go to race my buddies and have fun. The first one I went to in 2007 I believe was a blast.....lots of $$$ now, and you really see how the $$$ guys get catered to.

Robbie

I find it a lot less than going to a sports game and I get to have the fun instead of just watching a bunch of overpaid intertainers having fun