Thread: LSJ S/C install on 2.2LAP

Default LSJ S/C install on 2.2LAP

I've recently fell into a partial LSJ kit. Comes with the M62 S/C with 2.9" pulley (3.35 stock), LSJ throttle body, intercooler pump and manifold. Anyone have any experience with this mod? tips? what not to do's? I know I still need PCM, heat exchanger and piping, serp belt. anything else recommended? AEM wide band air/fuel? I'm fairly new to boost other than my old GP GTP

******2009 Pontiac G5 / 1986 Honda Civic******
    304Kustomz of Morgantown
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

Default Re: LSJ S/C install on 2.2LAP

I'd say you'll definitely need injectors. possibly a BAP (BOOST A PUMP)

do you have a link to that specific kit? ... supercharging the car you'll need to pull a bunch of timing, then have a pro tune it... it costs me $100 in credits, and i can write to your car etc. but i would recommend looking for an HP tuners software used somewhere. then you can scan, modify tunes, etc as you need to... not that you'll be a tuner, but you can have someone like brian herter, or steve williams (tuned by frost) email you a tune or if something funky goes on you can scan and email.

you may want a stronger than stock tensioner, how much boost will that pulley give you... your a 2.2 motor? what's your compression ratio?

Just like an N/A car, air in and air out makes more power. so if you can upgrade your throttle body size, do so, most positive displacement S/C's pick up real well with better intake piping and a bigger throttle body.

AEM is an ok wide band, most tuners love NGK ( and it has a branch here in WV too) the other big one Innovate motorsports.

boost gauge is something i would 100 percent do.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/...arger-Kit.aspx

This kit comes with 60 pound injectors.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Thanks for the input fellas... I was looking at that kit as well. I've dealt with ZZP before, when I had my old GTP, and they were great. with reading through some of the Tech notes on that kit, paying the extra $$$ for the entire thing, with the throttle body extensions, and not having to relocate everything in the front end, is gonna be worth it. I thought the transition from the LSJ to my LAP would be easier, but actually sounds like its going to be incredibly difficult and unnecessary. Not real fond of the idea of converting all of my pulleys to 6 rib and relocating everything. Not to mention they say that 3.1" pulley will make 9psi in the 2.2, I'm thinking the 2.9" will be a bit much for stock internals.

304Kustomz of Morgantown
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

what you really have to look at there is the dynamic compression ratio. What is the stock compression ratio? how many rib are the pulleys right now?
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

"the m62 can be maxed out to around 18psi for short bursts with a 2.8" pulley"

The LAP is a 2.2 L—2,198 cc (134.1 cu in)—version of the Ecotec, based on the Gen II block with cylinder head improvements, new camshaft design, E37 engine control module, 58X crankshaft reluctor ring, digital crank and cam sensors, individual coil-on-plug ignition, vented starter solenoid, new MAP sensor, new intake manifold seals, new oil filter element, a 32-bit computer, and improved emissions performance.
    Bore and stroke are 86 mm (3.4 in) and 94.6 mm (3.72 in), the same as the 2.2 L L61. Compression ratio is 10.0:1. Major features that set it apart from the 2.2 L L61 are variable-valve-timing and other cylinder head improvements from the 2.4 L LE5.

I would keep boost under 10 PSI
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

My tibby was super charged back in the day with the m62 charger with the small pulley. I loved it. My 2.6 on 8-10 pounds would smoke some GT's easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09 Sonata (My DD)
    92 C1500 ( Winter Beater/ Hauler)

07accord - "I want to be a nittany lion!"
    "I'm pretty sure I have no fam. in South Jersey.Real mullet fairing people don't have spray tans." Levilz

A lot has to do with the other pulley size too.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

all the other pulleys are 5 rib. I was planning on 8-9psi.

304Kustomz of Morgantown

If I had the blower off ready for install I would send it to stiegemeier for porting.

it is currently off the car it was orig on.... but re-thinking the idea and leaning in the direction of the zzp kit.

304Kustomz of Morgantown

Quote Originally Posted by daveb91 View Post
    If I had the blower off ready for install I would send it to stiegemeier for porting.
    Hummmmhow much? Lol it's giving me some funky thoughts.....
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

its off of an 05 ion redline... 700 for the m62 2.9" pulley, LSJ throttle body, intercooler pump and manifold.

304Kustomz of Morgantown

Quote Originally Posted by Stevec5ws6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daveb91 View Post
    Hummmmhow much? Lol it's giving me some funky thoughts.....
    Go to the website and get a quote....

Oops wrong quote was meaning to ask about his blower ... Sorry about that.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

he was asking $700 for what i had listed

304Kustomz of Morgantown