Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 65 Mustang project

Default Re: 65 Mustang project

This is very true. They have another that puts smaller lights more out wards. I'm not too much a fan of the original vintage styling lights.
    ]

Ok I thought the site was dead.. At least a few weeks ago it was showing it was done and over with.

Anyways not much has gone on with the car. Ordering the sheet metal tonight. Should be. A slow ongoing project this summer

we are not dead, we are a live... godaddy are assholes, but either way... I havne't got to wrench on a damn thing. my window fell out of the jeep, the back hatch i think broke earlier today and the ford truck stops running when i use the front gas tank...up side i have fixed one window of teh 3 broken ones in my grand marquis.

i have all of the parts for a cam and clutch swap in the vette.. but the window on the drivers side does not move.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Glad to know it's not dead.. I actually like coming here.

Got my sheet metal in.. Sketching out a tentative plan to start on this.. But I think I got a good starting point for it.

I'll post pics here today maybe on what I have for sheet metal. But I ended up ordering about $300 of it to start it up.

Sweet it's awesome that you can just buy old car body pannel a that are made like new.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Most replacement metal made is from other countries. So it's gonna be part Detroit and Taiwan haha

So it's been a while since I last posted.. Full update has arrived. So between working lots of overtime and then family time.. I've gotten a few things done with a few hours here and there.

Started out after removal of the front driver fenders.. Removing a portion of the inner fenders.. First we drill out the spot welds

Here is where we find some more rust.. Nothing new to most gen 1 mustang restorations.

I'll post more later today.. This is just the start.

So with removing the inner fenders and seeing rust.. We have replacement parts ready to go.. So some photos are going to have some mock ups of the replacement panels.

So we decided to move on to the interior.. The firewall is ate up with rust.. Gen 1 mustangs are notorious with water leaks at te cowl area.. So floor boards are sometimes are bad as well.

Seats removed and carpet removed.

Here we see the floor covered in roofing tar.. This was a headache.. We had a slather of tire and then had tin pop riveted in and more tar slathered on top of that and then a roofing shingle!!!

After cleaning for a few hours and a body saw later.. I've removed a portion of the floor and the seat riser.

Here is a quick mock up of the new floor panel. Not welded in just a visual idea.

More to come later...