Thread: Golden/husky mix

Default Golden/husky mix

Anyone have land or a very sturdy fence want to adopt a dog or two? Nyla my almost 2 year old husky/golden retriever mix needs a new home. I've tried countless times to keep her in the backyard and its not working. I work 12 hour shifts and come home to her laying in the middle of the road. I rather not come home to her laying dead in the road.
    She is a fantastic dog who absolutely loves kids! She plays with cats and does fine with them. Knows how to sit, lay down, and half way stay lol she's house broken but doesn't like staying in long she starts to whine.

Id like her to be rehomed with my 5 year old golden retriever Hayden. Hayden is my love so she will not be rehomed separately. But her and Nyla are close... She's the perfect dog but is more timid. She came from the pound when she was about a year old so age is estimate.

Both are fixed females.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	5174  

2013 Subaru BRZ

Default Re: Golden/husky mix

Reviving... Did you find them homes? I can not take them. They're beautiful though. I hope you do find them homes.
    http://pophangover.com/wp-content/up...bikeparker.gif

93 Prelude 2.2 VTEC
    01 R6 yoshi slip on

No I still have them. And she's still getting out. I think the golden is digging under the fence for the mix lol the golden doesn't leave the backyard.
    The mix stays around the house which is fine but I don't like her laying in the road. She walks the kids to the bus stop which is the reason she gets out in the morning.

2013 Subaru BRZ

I hate to hear of something happening to her. Anyway you can put something along the bottoms of the fence? Like the lawn stones? Something that might prevent the digging.
    http://pophangover.com/wp-content/up...bikeparker.gif

93 Prelude 2.2 VTEC
    01 R6 yoshi slip on

I've thought maybe a strip if chicken wire if I can afford it..

2013 Subaru BRZ

Try 2x4's near where they dig or rock in the holes they dig. Stopped my dogs from digging...
    09 Sonata (My DD)
    92 C1500 ( Winter Beater/ Hauler)

07accord - "I want to be a nittany lion!"
    "I'm pretty sure I have no fam. in South Jersey.Real mullet fairing people don't have spray tans." Levilz

I did and they kick out the rocks. Even the large ones.

2013 Subaru BRZ

How big of rocks? I took a bucket full of 3 in or more rocks and put it into the holes and it stopped them cold..
    09 Sonata (My DD)
    92 C1500 ( Winter Beater/ Hauler)

07accord - "I want to be a nittany lion!"
    "I'm pretty sure I have no fam. in South Jersey.Real mullet fairing people don't have spray tans." Levilz

Pretty big! I have to put a plastic chair over the area and they can't get to it. One spot has a igloo dog house but she's digging around it. And has just about dug the roots our of a tree probably after a critter. Hoping that doesn't kill it so it falls on my damn house.

Another issue is I work as much as I can so I can pay bills. If I can find a better home I'd feel better. One with kids would be awesome.

2013 Subaru BRZ

My ex husband is probably taking the golden. Really really need a play for Nyla. I don't think she'll do good at all without having another dog around with how little I'm home.

2013 Subaru BRZ