Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tour de Coal River 6/22/2013

Default Tour de Coal River 6/22/2013

I'm not sure where to post this up, so please move it if there' s a better subject to put it under.

I know this is a bit late, but I wanted to post this event up for those that may be interested. Steve and I plan on taking our kayaks down the Coal River. I've been down that river before, and its a pretty easy trip with no major rapids. Here's a link to the event below:

http://www.coalrivergroup.com/pages/Tour-de-Coal.cfm

They have other events throughout the summer as well.

Default Re: Tour de Coal River 6/22/2013

and the bonus is if you come you get to see me in a Kayak. lol.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Yes we need videographers & photographers for this moment! lol

It starts at 10am right? lol

well shit... I just got off the phone with them, ... i don't see a time on the website.

called back..

Pre-registration bash is 3-6 pm on Friday

Put in- is at 9 am on saturday... the "show" starts at 7... whatever the show is...
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

lol Thank you for getting the details because I had no idea. So are we registering today and mailing in our money or just waiting till Friday?

- - - Updated - - -

If we go Friday, we will already know how to get there, so we're not rushing to find the place on Saturday. I've been there once, but it's been about 3 years ago. I could probably find it based on memory, but the way my memory is yeah I wouldn't rely on it. lol

wait till firday.. the mail will screw us good.... from up here it can take 3 days to get to charleston area... has to go to Pittsburgh from what i hear. There is no rain date... so if a monsoon hits... .. i dunno what they do. lol. unlikely at this poing but it's possible... calling for light rain possible.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

ok sounds good to me! 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Stevec5ws6 View Post
    double bonus if we can throw something and knock you out of the kayak? lol
    2001 F150 SPORT 4X4
    1992 S10 SBC 358

How fast can you run away? lol

Quote Originally Posted by wvspeed View Post
    haha.. don't miss.. i have never fired a shot from a kayak yet...... but you can bet I'll try it soon! can't be much different than a john boat

I know i've seen you at some point i've been to crosslanes wal-mart way more than i want to admit! .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    ok sounds good to me! 
    probably faster than i can paddle after him lmao
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by wvspeed View Post
    haha.. don't miss.. i have never fired a shot from a kayak yet...... but you can bet I'll try it soon! can't be much different than a john boat

I know i've seen you at some point i've been to crosslanes wal-mart way more than i want to admit! .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
    ok sounds good to me! 
    probably faster than i can paddle after him lmao
    Im fat so you could probably catch me lol and you have to be there at a certain time on a certain day to see me lol
    2001 F150 SPORT 4X4
    1992 S10 SBC 358

Who drives the yellow extreme S10 there?

I was about to ask the same question.. that's one sexy truck. .... I"m fat as well so it would be a fat on fat crime LoL
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I guess I'll just sit back and record the show then post it on youtube. lol

One of the managers has the yellow s10, its a pretty nice truck

And we have to be wearing the wvstreets shirts if you record it lol.
    2001 F150 SPORT 4X4
    1992 S10 SBC 358

Have my shirt with me.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

He lives just as you turn into doc bailey road I look at it very often!
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

it would be youtube gold and promote the site lol

im thinking of learning how to kayak so i can do it the tour de coal next year
    2001 F150 SPORT 4X4
    1992 S10 SBC 358

how was the tour de coal?

i drove past a few times and it seems to have more people every year
    2001 F150 SPORT 4X4
    1992 S10 SBC 358

I lived...... lol.

seat in new kayak is well not comfortable at all.. i don't do well sitting in one position for a long time... and 11 miles on a tranquil river.. long time Started a little after 9 didn't get out until almost 2pm.....

they are growing.... at this rate if they are going to keep people fun they need to get some more organization.

1...they need not ask folks for their numbers right before the first little bit of rapids....... i showed the guy my number 1 sign.
    2 ... if they want people to stop for fruit don't put the boat at the bottom of the falls.

so then at some point i found a manufacturing defecting in the boat..... it leaks... had to stop twice and empty the water. a sit on top kayak is a bit more wobbly i think than the sit in... and the hull under you is hard to tell when it starts getting full of water.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

its probably one of those "looks good on paper and will never change" type of things

im really considering it next year , just need to look up info on kayaks and learn how to use one lol
    2001 F150 SPORT 4X4
    1992 S10 SBC 358

I think would be more fun with a group of people going. Alot of them went with several people just to fish and drink beer. lol

Dick's Sporting Goods currently has a sell on their kayaks. You can get some for $199, but really look it over good for cracks.

Steve unfortunately bought a defective one. We took it back yesterday and preordered another one. I was not impressed with their customer service at all. Another person was having issues as well. He had them to put his name on a boat and they failed to do so and they sold the boat to someone else. He kept asking for the manager and she wouldn't come out until he refused to deal with anyone else. We were all left kind of wandering what the heck were they doing. They were supposedly looking for another kayak for Steve, but couldn't find one. They don't even have a customer service area which is stupid.

Dicks... they have no customer service area.... so.. that lacks something.... customer service.. interesting correlation... they have a lot of individuals that TRY to help you but their managers hide... i mean literally... they use these poor folks as mediators go-betweens.. when she finally stuck her head out the guy who's boat they sold who had been waiting for hours followed my suggestion and then 2 minutes of conversation solved what had been going on for almost an hour.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo