Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WVSubarus/WVStreets Summer 2013 Cruise!!!!

Default WVSubarus/WVStreets Summer 2013 Cruise!!!!

Additional details will follow, but I wanted to go ahead and post something about this. This will be put on by both groups with the blessings of the owners (thank you!!!!).

Nothing is set in stone at the moment, but tentatively July 27th will more than likely be the date of the cruise. Everything is subjective right now, but it will more than likely begin in Flatwoods and end at the awesome bbq place, Hickory House near Weston and Jane Lew. I'm sure Greg, Steve, and a few others will tell you the place has great food there. I originally wanted to do a cookout at the end of the cruise, but figured that would be too much hassle. Plus Hickory House has a room we can reserve.

This cruise will be open to all types of vehicles including those who just want to sight see and the lead footed. The lead footed ones just better make sure they know where they are going since they will be in front. Maps & directions will be provided when you meet in Flatwoods. There may also be other goodies for those that come on the cruise.

Again, as we get more the details together, we'll post it up along with the route, times, stops, and all that.

Link to the Facebook Event!

https://www.facebook.com/events/207615142727540/?ref=3
    Last edited by RogerStout; 07-01-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Default Re: WVSubarus/WVStreets Summer 2013 Cruise!!!!

Who has a lead foot?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout
    I was the least gay ford guy

I'm not naming names. lol

mmmmm Riiiibs! I'm craving already.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/rph/323/15...staurant-photo

If there is a problem with the date with too many folks it is changeable.. just let us know ASAP.

Where there will be a few different types of folks on this cruise I can see a couple of different groups. and all stops and route will be well publicized with some printed maps.. most of this area will have no cellular reception.

also what do folks think of a "flash to pass" rule. this is quite common on every track i've been too... they guy behind you flashes his lights you slow down and let him around on the next strait.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Working on nailing down details..... working on work too LoL
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout View Post
    Sounds good, I dont mind rolling with the suby guys.. I don't really care much about stops I think we made one on the SCS cruise as I recall and that was good for me. I will be in the back of the Haul ass group.
    The stops are mainly to give a chance for people to catch up and to make sure we didn't lose anyone or someone may be broke down. I'm not sure on the route yet, but if it goes by Holly River Park. That place may be worth a stop. It was a nice little place whenever Steve and I checked it out.

- - - Updated - - -

After we get all the details nailed down we can edit the first post and put up a nice graphic and move it to the homepage.
    Yay! That would be awesome!!! Maybe somehow incorporate the wvstreets and wvsubarus logos on the graphic.

??

Some stop possibilities are

Falls Mills ( 3 nice parking areas we could stop at)

Bull Run Civil War battle site... some walking involved in the uniion side but confederate side is pretty easy to get too.. but not much there.

Jackson's Mill in Weston could do that right before the hickory house.

Holly River

Webster Springs ( not a whole lot there in the little town but snack or gas maybe if needed. ot a bad road going down into it if people aren't on it.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Sounds like fun, maybe just maybe I can make it.

Sig by RogerStout

www.bullplayztrading.com

2004 SRT 10 Red RC Skanky~Hott Car Club President
    #2402 out of 3057, Built 6/4/2004
    Dyno####433/469 at the wheels!!!
    Mopar Nationals 2010 Viper Truck Show Winner
    Mopar Nationals 2011 Viper Truck Show 2nd Place
    Mopar Nationals 2012 No Show
    Mopar Nationals 2013 Viper Truck Show Winner

did not work as planned
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I tried to post a map... the map screwed it's self up when i posted it to share... was just three points.. not the entire route like it showed on my screen.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

sounds like fun. might have to get the scion detailed and bring the family. Ribs would hit the spot after a trip like that

Route 2 has been chosen.
    Last edited by Stevec5ws6; 06-26-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I'll try to make it. I can push the Bonnie pretty hard but I don't like to break the law too much.

Ford Focus ZX3 - Pitch Bllack
    Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

There will be plenty of folks who "catch up" to just hang out. no need to break any laws.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Yep the cruise will be for all types of drivers and all different types of cars! :-)

http://goo.gl/maps/JgPPY

Another option that gets some face time with stonewall jackson lake

View Larger Map
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Hey since I have an engine coming in a couple weeks I can actually attend something, lol!!!

1994 Mazda RX7 - For Sale
    2013 Hyundai Elantra GT- DD

That's great!
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I want some hickory house!

Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

Quote Originally Posted by templar View Post
    ^^^ this

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ this

But he really really likes those ribs
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I get the half chicken.

thats cruel and unusual punishment...

- - - Updated - - -

I get the half chicken.
    When there are ribs available?!??????

Yes it is a half of a chicken. And I don't eat ribs.