Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight Drags 6/2/2013

Default Re: Flashlight Drags 6/2/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Absolutepower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    I'm with you guys. If I'm driving up and dishing out the cash, I'm going to get my money's worth and race whoever wants to go. Most everyone knows I'm not proud. Hell, I raced Lightning that runs 10's in my 14 second tank of an SS on the rally a couple years ago, lol. Uneven races don't bother me because seat time is seat time, regardless of who's beside (or behind/in front of) you.

And Blake, I know alot of a-holes up there don't want to be the one losing to "girls". A few years ago, the chick that drives the old rat rod that is up there pretty often couldn't get anyone to run against her, because they knew she would hand them their ass. I let her have her way with me a few times ... because apparently, I was the only one there that didn't mind. When her dad asked me to run against her, he almost fell over when I told them I would. If the woman wants an easy win to break her in on the setup, I'll be her huckleberry.
    Ole girl with the rat rod blew something up on the end of the track May5th, so I dont know if she will be back. Plus I thought she was mid 40s??? Anyways, yeah I might line you two up so if the Supra gets sideways you will know to not freak out and there be a wreck.

This is how mine sits at the moment, we have alot of wiring, tune and intercooler piping to finish between now an Saturday night. But we will be ready.

Yeah, the rat rod chick was probably late 30's to early 40's. Her dad looked like a 60's/70's. I'll try and keep her as un-freaked out as possible if she gets a little squirrelly beside me. No guarantees I won't be sideways going down the strip with her, but I promise I won't let us make contact, lol. Hope ya'll get your shit together in plenty of time and make the trip.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Im coming up, my heaps finally up and running. I think I have all the new engine build bugs worked out. Going to try and drive it, cranks at 220 psi and wont run on a 50/50 mix so Im packing 5 gallon cans of turbo blue in the trunk to get me home. It is suspension limited with the new motor though, blows the drag radials off in high gear. My buddy is bring his low 12s 71 nova as well. See you guys up there.

Robbie

The low 12's Nova may be a good run for me if I'm running where I should be.

RNA Team #217
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)

www.elzaperformance.com

Text message picture I just got a few minutes ago lol......its a race now haha

95 Supra Single Turbo/Manual Trans
    93.5 Supra TT
    91 300ZX NA 5-spd DD
    91 300ZX LS swapped and sprayed
    98 Mustang GT lightly modded

Levilz,

Yeah would probably be a good race. Its a burgundy SS with white yenko stripes and fat n skinnies, cant miss it.

Robbie

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

I may try to make it up to this. Ashley's dads birthday is the 2nd also, so it just depends.I will be running a bolt on untuned ls3 on stock 20' pirellis...should be fun
    Last edited by Travis68; 05-28-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Bring him along, then take him to dinner afterward. He'll have a good time.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

I'll see what's going on. Maybe I can sneak up for a while. Car is probably going to be a dog...lol

Bring it anyway.

Sent from my LG-US670 using Tapatalk 2

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    I'm with you guys. If I'm driving up and dishing out the cash, I'm going to get my money's worth and race whoever wants to go. Most everyone knows I'm not proud. Hell, I raced Lightning that runs 10's in my 14 second tank of an SS on the rally a couple years ago, lol. Uneven races don't bother me because seat time is seat time, regardless of who's beside (or behind/in front of) you.

And Blake, I know alot of a-holes up there don't want to be the one losing to "girls". A few years ago, the chick that drives the old rat rod that is up there pretty often couldn't get anyone to run against her, because they knew she would hand them their ass. I let her have her way with me a few times ... because apparently, I was the only one there that didn't mind. When her dad asked me to run against her, he almost fell over when I told them I would. If the woman wants an easy win to break her in on the setup, I'll be her huckleberry.
    She broke something at the May 5th event. I think she had added a Procharger to it over the winter. There where parts rolling down the strip. I really felt bad for her, but I wouldn't count her out for the June 2nd event.
    No Burnout Bill

Yeah, I wouldn't count them out yet either. They seemed like the kind of people who would be able to get their stuff back up and running in a pretty short amount of time.

My turd started back up with the fuel issues again, so I've got some work to do before this weekend now too. I know it's the wire harness between the rear end and the tank. The hotwire kit after that is all new and the power through it has checked out good several times. The 98 was a bastard year for the fuel tank (like everything else on the cars) so it's a 1-piece into the tank where the 99-ups had a connector on the exterior of the module. Being one piece, I'd have to replace the whole stinking sending unit and the thing is $300+. I don't have that right now, so I'll have to do the best I can band-aiding it.

***Updated*** The good news about an old tired F-Body is you can get pissed and beat the crap out of anything and it'll start working again. I knew which wires in the harness the ground and the 12v from the relay were, so I was testing them and getting good power from both. Made me mad because the pump still wasn't starting, so I stuck the end of my wire tester in the 12v side and pimp-slapped it. When I did, it started. I tested it about 400 times afterward and so far, it's worked every time since, lol. On to the next.
    Last edited by levilz; 05-29-2013 at 02:05 PM.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

There might not be a race.....weather.com is showing 76 degrees with a 60% chance of rain and severe thunder storms.

http://www.weather.com/weather/weeke...+USPA1742:1:US
    93.5 Supra TT
    91 300ZX NA 5-spd DD

Yeah. Who knows, as retarded as the weather is lately.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

There might not be a race.....weather.com is showing 76 degrees with a 60% chance of rain and severe thunder storms.

I learned while in the navy that the weather channels percentages doesn't equate to rain percentages, don't believe me? Look it up..
    09 Sonata (My DD)
    92 C1500 ( Winter Beater/ Hauler)

07accord - "I want to be a nittany lion!"
    "I'm pretty sure I have no fam. in South Jersey.Real mullet fairing people don't have spray tans." Levilz

Quote Originally Posted by elhazzja View Post

I learned while in the navy that the weather channels percentages doesn't equate to rain percentages, don't believe me? Look it up..
    I hope your right, oh and bring your ass out Sunday if it doesnt rain or come out to the PRP Tuesday night street car race. Would like to meet you face to face.
    93.5 Supra TT
    91 300ZX NA 5-spd DD

I hope your right, oh and bring your ass out Sunday if it doesnt rain or come out to the PRP Tuesday night street car race. Would like to meet you face to face.
    I'll be at the FLD's, it's not hard to miss me. I'll prob be the only fat black guy there under shade...
    09 Sonata (My DD)
    92 C1500 ( Winter Beater/ Hauler)

07accord - "I want to be a nittany lion!"
    "I'm pretty sure I have no fam. in South Jersey.Real mullet fairing people don't have spray tans." Levilz

I'll be at the FLD's, it's not hard to miss me. I'll prob be the only fat black guy there under shade...
    Well you know what to look for when looking for me. Red Supra, tall red headed guy lol. I'll have free drinks and sandwiches for anyone who will come pretend to be my friend. lol
    93.5 Supra TT
    91 300ZX NA 5-spd DD

MMM sammich.... Cameron, you won't be alone, there a couple others there... lol. .. nobody else will be racing a sonata though!.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

You gonna make an appearance steve?

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

I doubt it 😒
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Ok so weathers looking good for Sunday, who's attending and who's racing now? My sister-in-law should be running the '00 Camaro since my brother destroyed his Avalanche last Friday and has a broken wrist. Tom is on vacay so the Cobra won't be there. I will be racing the Turbo Buick once again.
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '84 Buick Regal 3.8 Turbo
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

Wish it was tomorrow instead of sunday.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

Yeah but it's not. At least the event was postponed and not cancelled completely like the end of '12 FLD season.
    Adam K
    '65 Corvair Corsa new DD
    '66 Buick Riviera GS
    '66 Corvair Corsa Corv8
    '84 Buick Regal 3.8 Turbo
    '06 Avalanche Z71 4X4

Very true.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com