Thread: Is my throw out bearing going out??

Default Is my throw out bearing going out??

Okay so lately I've noticed that when I downshift from 5th to 4th I get a noise coming from my front end that echos until I release the clutch fully. so as I shift from 5th to 4th it won't do it until I put it into 4th gear and release the clutch about halfway through releasing it I get a horrible (like a heavy door hinge grind noise) that you can feel in my clutch pedal as well.

Last night I put it in reverse while backing up my decently steep driveway and I had to ride the clutch while backing up it to park and it grinded the whole way from the bottom to the top, I feel as if it's my throw out bearing not my clutch can anyone confirm or deny this? Not really sure where to go from here, still driving it daily as usual.

Pull it appart and see
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

You will be able to tell for sure once you have it in your hands I'd look at it for sure it defi it key sounds like it. I'd replace pilot bearing too.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Default Re: Is my throw out bearing going out??

well I looked around a good bit and I think its the throw out bearing alot of people are saying the same thing like the problem I have... plus I need to get new front hubs and lower ball joints anyway so I guess it'll be a good winter project... >.< I don't have a full car jack though to get my car up that high... that's gonna suck...