Thread: Need advice on an old GOLDWING

Default Need advice on an old GOLDWING

My father in law is looking for A GOLDWING. He wants to spend as little as possible (that is how he feels about everything) however he is terrible at negotiating.
    He is looking at a 1987 GL1200A Goldwing Aspencade, they are asking $3700 but it is not perfect. It runs OK (not great) and has a couple of bumps (one on the rear pannier and one on the tank.)

NADA has the following values:
    Excellent: $4015
    Very Good: $2710
    Good:$1,285 <--- (thats probably the condition of the bike)

KBB says excellent is $3,260

So are these values accurate?

Ford Focus ZX3 - Pitch Bllack
    Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

Default Re: Need advice on an old GOLDWING

Theres a lot more to take into effect.. first and for-most whats the milage.. nada doesnt account for that on motorcycles. Has the oil been changed / carbs adjusted and cleaned / valves checked. Check the tension on the chain, it should have about an inch in total play up and down. Check the sprockets to see if they are worn. Tires to see if it needs new tires. Its like buying a used car but you get what you pay for. Now I have a 93 yamaha seca II that was in almost near perfect conidition with some minor wear (considering its almost 20 years old thats acceptable). I paid around $700 for it. Now you get a lot more features on a goldwing but make sure they all work.

If it ran and looked in show room condition I still dont think I'd pay a dime over $2,000 for it. Bikes that old are like cars that old. Sometimes some parts are hard to come by.
    ""

1987...3700???? Keep looking...the older bikes are plagued with electrical issues. I would say 1500 - 2000 would be a more accurate market value for that bike unless it is perfect.

Sig by RogerStout

www.bullplayztrading.com

2004 SRT 10 Red RC Skanky~Hott Car Club President
    #2402 out of 3057, Built 6/4/2004
    Dyno####433/469 at the wheels!!!
    Mopar Nationals 2010 Viper Truck Show Winner
    Mopar Nationals 2011 Viper Truck Show 2nd Place
    Mopar Nationals 2012 No Show
    Mopar Nationals 2013 Viper Truck Show Winner

For any bike before the 90's that's too much $$ for what could be wrong.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Wait a month or two ... you'll find some riders looking to sell before winter
    ""

What he said ^
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Yeah I am planning on selling my 2fiddy soon. Time to get out of the bike game for a tad.

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

Hey it's not for me. He made his mind up already. Not the first time he has done this sort of thing. He is paying WAY too much for it but "some guy" he knows says that its a deal "cus that was sumones baby look at all that chrome, its got a wolf on the windscreen too its a nice ride..." I swear i'm not shitting you 20 bucks worth of chrome and a wolf sticker makes a 15 hundred dollar bike worth $3700...

Tell me about this 250... I am about to start driving 1000 miles a week, it would be nice to have the MPG.

Ford Focus ZX3 - Pitch Bllack
    Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount