Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog or gardrail..

Vienna WV

Default Re: Dog or gardrail..

Quote Originally Posted by 73Dart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daveb91 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 73Dart View Post
    Im sorry but if I see a dog or cat, Im gonna swerve. I have been on the side where our dog got hit on the highway. Its devastating. It was a total accident that she got out. No one stopped or anything to let us know that they hit her, and we found out the next morning when we saw her laying on the side of the road. I dont want to be responsible for hurting someones loved pet. Now if its a rabbit, snake or something else thats not usually something that is a pet. I wont swerve and take a chance on hurting myself or someone else. But I refuse to hit a dog.
    It's your fault it got out and you can be liable for vehicle damage I'm not swerving off the road or into oncoming traffic to save your pet and kill myself in the process.
    Well, That is just my opinion on things. I would have paid for any damages to the persons vehicle, If they just would have stopped and told me that they hit her.
    Would you have paid medical and funeral expenses too? Human trumps dog.

Human emotional attachment to pets goes just a little far at times.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Paden City, WV

Mines not that bad. I like my pets, and I dont abuse them or anything like that. I treat them like I should. It was just a devastating time, because it was on halloween, and it happened all of a sudden. She was just ripped out of my familys life at a really young age.
    1973 Dodge Dart Swinger: Garage Queen
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger: Project postponed
    2015 Dodge Dart: 2.slow 6 speed manual No mods.... Yet