Thread: speaker Maintenance question

parsons wv

Default speaker Maintenance question

I have a 1994 mustang and it has the mach 460 stereo c/d system (what ever the hell that is)
    Anyways it sounds good enough for me it's a low milage car that has been in storage most of it's life.
    It sounds good now but the speakers are 18 years old. Do they get dried out or anything?
    Should I be taking the covers off and spraying anything on them?

I don't do any thumping but do like to turn up the Rolling Stones now and then
    Just pull the trigger and let it go,, This will work trust me. But,,you may want wear safety glasses

Parkersburg, WV

Sometimes the surrounds will dry rot and kinda fall apart.
    - I break things -
    '70 Mach-1 "money pit"

Default Re: speaker Maintenance question

Would petrolium jelly help prevent rot? Ive heard you should put some on your rubber seals to keep them spry...

Ford Focus ZX3 - Pitch Bllack
    Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

90% of the companies recommend you dont do anything like that to the speakers some even say that it will harm them i always just play them till they blow or fall apart then get new ones. Speakers are like anything else they are pretty much outdated as soon as u get them especially mach, bose, etc. Oem speakers are pretty much junk anyway so blow them and go somewhere and pick up a set of $70 speakers at walmart lol

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

2007 Chevy Silverado - 3.5" RC suspension lift, Powerstop brakes, K&N Stainless Intake, Custom Tune, True straight dualls into X Pipe dumped brfore the axel, and some blah blah looks good crap.
    2013 Buick Verano - Tint and very stockish