Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2002 camaro z28

Default Re: 2002 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman442 View Post
    Any details on that block?

Sent from my XT603 using Tapatalk 2
    I have a LS2 aluminum bare block that I ordered on LS1 Tech to send out to ERL to be punched out to 454 cu. in. Block is in used in perfect condition. Have $700.00 invested. I am just a senior citizen ready to un-load before I drop $15k in a motor. I feel LS cars value is rising.

I would love to have that block!!!! My vette needs a stroker motor... Hell what can I sell! Anything besides block ... Mains still included?
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Mains included. Block would be the cheapest part of the motor. TSP has 285 Heads and Sheet Metal Intake for about $7k. ERL can do a 454 short block for $7.5k. With a roller cam situation you could turn 8k rpm. $2k for fuel delivery. $2k for Kooks 2" main Headers.

I don't need that much... 402 or 416 stroker trick flow heads cam I have already and a fast 102 ... Headers from lg. 525-550 rwhp and a very wide torque curve will make me very happy.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

I love those trick flow Heads. 402 or 416 Stroker motor is a good motor for LS2 build. Generates lots of HP. Does not leave piston slapping noises like a 427 will. I will have a lot of good parts left after I sell the Camaro. Set of new 4.30 gears for a 9". 5.3L oil pan and intake with throttle body. PCM for 5.3L. Spoiler for LS1 Camaro.

Income tax is here !!!!!! I want a pick-up truck. Is there anyone that might be interested in a hi-powered LS1? Make an offer. I want to move on. Hi-power to the rear wheels, great sound system, new Moser 9 in. rear. Make an offer.

2002 Camaro Z28 " FOR SALE " I still have a Camaro Z28 for sale. Hi-Po everything basically. A Moser 9" rear axles, 35 spline, aluminum center, Wavetrac differential. Traction control on the dash. With a Wavetrac there is not a problem parking because only one wheel will turns $10,999.00 OBO

Quote Originally Posted by d-rod View Post
    I would make an offer but my offers usually end up with me being hung up on.
    Best move you ever made, you offer would of been too high. Buddy of mine bought it, Its a disaster.

2002 Trans/Am White WS6 M6
    2012 Corvette GS M6

I have pics of a few things

I have to see how to attache them since I dont have many posts here it wont let my link the URL's

need one more post

Putting a fast on?we will just use the stock bolts it will be fine!

or maybe not one of 8 cracks in the intake letting unmetered air

Now how about this "port" work, its ported so big its outside the runners

but whats some more unmetered air?
    more to come when I have more time

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman442 View Post
    Good running and sounding car here.
    can you diffine "good running"

Passenger exhaust valves

- - - Updated - - -

High quality "port" work

Last edited by ttk53; 09-02-2014 at 01:49 PM.

I have never personally ever seen such a hack job on a vehicle. Pictures do not do it Justice. Wrong bolts in intake, Incorrect Valley cover bolts, No injector clips, Ported through the runners on intake, Intake cracked in 8 places, Incorrect Push rod length, Incorrect

2012 Corvette GS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Amwellls1 View Post
    I have never personally ever seen such a hack job on a vehicle. Pictures do not do it Justice. Wrong bolts in intake, Incorrect Valley cover bolts, No injector clips, Ported through the runners on intake, Intake cracked in 8 places, Incorrect Push rod length, Incorrect
    Hey it has 6k watt stereo! Wait that didnt work either!

Buyer started out by running the dog crap out of a car with 100 thousand miles.. He offered a low ball offer for the car. He also intended to put NOS on top of a 12:1 compression engine. They have owned the car for 2 months and it still has not blown. You say the car is not perfect at this time. I did not even run the stereo. At most you are only showing an intake and valve job. They should buy a brand new car.

Quote Originally Posted by spordee1 View Post
    Buyer started out by running the dog crap out of a car with 100 thousand miles.. He offered a low ball offer for the car. He also intended to put NOS on top of a 12:1 compression engine. They have owned the car for 2 months and it still has not blown. You say the car is not perfect at this time. I did not even run the stereo. At most you are only showing an intake and valve job. They should buy a brand new car.
    100k miles? is this not the new 20k mile LS6 you stated?what does an offer have to do with the condition of the car? Did you not agreeon a price. car was over paid for based on what we have now found! NOS has notbeen on the car yet and I will stop and get a syringe to check the CC of theses heads to see if they are indeed 57cc because I can see no signs of the chambers being filled. I do see a crap attempt at bowl work that is different on every cylinder.

AT most a intake and valve job?
    The heads are junk the hack you had port them was clueless and way to drill andtap the head for the yella tera rocks with the heads on the car.
    243's ~ $400 a port job buy someone that has a clue like TEA $1200
    A fast intake is ~900

The wrong valley bolt? thats right you don’t know what those are. Stock intakebolts where used to bolt that fast down with a viretly of othe mix and match Lowe’sparts bin bolts.

This car was sold with have all “good parts” Nothing wehave taken off has been anything but JUNK. Now this makes us question every part that is said to be on this car.

Do worry the car will be made right just like the week that was spend correcting the neglected paint and cleaning of the pigsty you called and interior.

Thank you for marketing this POS as a gem. car was tops worth $6500

Please post the name of the shop you had do the work
    the name of the guy you had port the heads and fast. so no one on here ever uses these hacks
    Last edited by ttk53; 09-02-2014 at 05:33 PM.

2002 Camaro Z28 " FOR SALE " I still have a Camaro Z28 for sale. Hi-Po everything basically. A Moser 9" rear axles, 35 spline, aluminum center, Wavetrac differential. Traction control on the dash. With a Wavetrac there is not a problem parking because only one wheel will turns $10,999.00 OBO

More Like crap everything.

Car was misrepresented nothing that it was said to be, is it. Seller took your word for the parts and work on the car. Car has not been abused or to the track as it has not been right since day one. Its in my garage now, it will get fixed correctly for him, I will verify mileage but I know that there has not been many miles put on since it was trailered back from your place. Car has not blown up as it has been sitting most of the time since he got ripped off by you. In fact the Hydraulics had to be replaced just so he could drive it and the clutch is next. I was there when he called you to amicably resolve this yesterday, he was not rude and called you to discuss this with you giving you the benifit of the doubt that you did not know you got ripped off when work was performed. After the conversation I feel you knew the issues with the car. As far as a low ball offer that was a 6k car at best as nothing in it was correct or what was indicated to be on car. I do hope you do the right thing and contact the seller to reslove this issue, If I was the buyer and you didn't I would pursue this through the legal system

2012 Corvette GS M6

So was this a PTV problem or a very light fly cut?

Man things just keep getting worse....sorry to see this. Hopefully spordee helps out the buyer. That's a raw deal.
    -John

WOW! The porting looks terrible. Has the install height of the valves been checked?
    2000 Mustang GT SOHC 4.6L : 665hp at the tirel
    11.00 @ 134 mph... A 17 year love affair...

Wyotech Graduate 03/14 : High Performance 1 & 2...Engine Management Systems 1 & 2...Powertrain...
    Chassis/Suspension & Braking systems.. 3.7 GPA.

Quote Originally Posted by jivepepper View Post
    WOW! The porting looks terrible. Has the install height of the valves been checked?
    We did not have anything checked, a new set of 243's was bought and new springs installed. the heads a just expensive paper weights in our minds.
    After taking the springs out you can tell just buy hand that the valve guides are bad.

Port work looks like an old 350 mindset and the heads where just gasket matched.

Also no contact form the sell! Buyers Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!

also car is back on the road and "getting the dog crap" beat out of it again.