Thread: Where to get an inspection sticker in Morgantown region?

Default Where to get an inspection sticker in Morgantown region?

Where can you go for an inspection sticker that they won't try to extort thousands of dollars out of you for minor cosmetic defects? I don't have a race car or anything, I'm just a poor guy trying to keep his family's heads above water. I really got screwed over big time last year and was forced to buy a whole new car when there was absolutely nothing wrong with the car we had. But I was refused a sticker at several places because the car was 15 years old. Now we risk not having a car at all, and still owing the bank for the car we bought, due to some broken interior plastic on the driver's side door which I can not fix because at some point, a previous owner decided to rivet the plastic panel to the door. So it looks a little less than perfect and I know that no one will give me a sticker because of it. They can see that I don't have money so they give me a hassle and refuse inspection unless I can pay up. This year we just don't have the money and can't take out any more loans to pay off all these crooks. Where can I get a sticker without a hassle, if you know what I mean?

Default Re: Where to get an inspection sticker in Morgantown region?

Those places are far and few between. If they are around they definitely do not need posted on the internet for the whole world to see.
    No offense either but coming in and asking this right off the bat is probably not going to get you the info. No one knows you.

If they are failing you for busted interior then something is wrong. That is not part of the inspection process as far as I know.
    A vehicle being old has nothing to do with it either.
    '14 WRX
    I miss fast cars and fast women.

Yes, there is something wrong. Everyone here is out to rip people off and take advantage of those who have the least. As I said, last year several places refused to even deal with me because of the age of the car, all telling me that I need to go buy a newer car. And in the years before that, I have been failed for as little as a scratch on the door, ending up with getting a brand new door put on. We just don't have the extortion money this time. We're broke due to medical bills and taking out the bank loan for the car we have.

Ive never had an issue getting a mechanically sound vehicle inspected. Most of the 8-10 vehicles Ive had inspected in the past two years have had modified inspection stickers as well.

If you are experiencing those issues you need to be reporting them. Vehicle inspections are a good thing. I dont recommend trying to circumvent them.

What shops have you went to and what problems have then told you to fix? Such as the door scratch?
    '14 WRX
    I miss fast cars and fast women.

Um, door panel will not fail you. What was the stuff you failed on? Post pics of the car in question, is it half rusted out and running on 15 year old suspension parts? That'll fail you. I have cars over 20 years old that pass no problem. My beater work truck is 18 years old and beat to death but it still passes because it has good (safe) suspension and running gears.

2003 Bagged S10
    1991 Firebird Convertible 1 of 953 built. (Back on the road )
    1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus (long term project)

Scratches on the door? Refusing to do it because of the age of the car? Rejecting it because of an interior panel riveted on?

I think you're not telling us the whole truth. I've never in my life seen vehicles rejected because of those things. If they did, you can report them. But I think there's more to the story then what you're telling us.

Something does not sound right thAts for sure.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Definitely need pictures of this. If you are telling us the absolute truth, you shouldnt be failing.

Age doesnt matter. I have a 73 dart, and it passes with flying colors. And believe me, it has more scratches and flaws on it than a person can count.
    1973 Dodge Dart Swinger: Garage Queen
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger: Project postponed
    2015 Dodge Dart: 2.slow 6 speed manual No mods.... Yet

Quote Originally Posted by Bflaker View Post
    Scratches on the door? Refusing to do it because of the age of the car? Rejecting it because of an interior panel riveted on?

I think you're not telling us the whole truth. I've never in my life seen vehicles rejected because of those things. If they did, you can report them. But I think there's more to the story then what you're telling us.
    agreed, if we failed every car that came in that had a scratched door or busted interior.. there would be a lot of red and whites running around town. That doesn't really sound right

******2009 Pontiac G5 / 1986 Honda Civic******
    304Kustomz of Morgantown
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."