Thread: Unleaded racing fuel in the motown area

Default Unleaded racing fuel in the motown area

Anybody know where I can get either Sunoco 260 GTX or VP 100 in either 5 gal. can or (im sure not) pump?

I'd prefer the 260 GTX. I'm looking to do a pulley swap just for the FLD next week and would like a little insurance...

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Default Re: Unleaded racing fuel in the motown area

Call Rhodeheavers in McClelentown, prob has some and is close to you. How much are you raising the boost? If its nothing extreme and tuned right on 93, maybe just a little Torco would do the trick to keep you from worrying.

should only be 2 or 3 lbs. difference... Tuned for 8 lbs on 93, new pulley should be 10 lbs. and I was hoping to get something around 100 octane with no oxygenation since I'm not changing tuning.

I always forget about those guys, I'll have to give them a ring...

It would be nice if you could get Herter to make you a tune for that pulley too. I would be afraid of the computer not being able to compensate for the extra air and running lean. but i dont know how much 3lbs changes things.

Who Tuned your car? they may be able to make a small adjustment.

I plan to attend, if so you can make a couple of passes with an HP tuners scan tool hooked up and it will tell if there is any knock retard. Depending on how aggressive the tune is there may be enough room for 2 or 3 pounds of boost.

What compression is the 5.3 in that truck? if it's the 9.5-1 i might skip that small of a pulley swap, and bump it to 15 pounds WITH a tune. for the future. If you don't have some pretty free flowing headers on the car it might not even 15 HP but with a lot of risk.

Just some thoughts and if I'm there we can run a scan to make sure nothing bad is happening. Tim Rhodeheavner also has the HP tuners scanner if you wanted to up the pulley and get with him.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

I think Outlaw motorsports sells vp but it might be 110 his number is 3042840480
    09 Caliber srt-4
    Ms1k by Realtune
    Blow off plate
    1 step colder plugs

Im just gonna stick with the 3" pulley and pump gas this time out, til I get a new tune for the 2.79" pulley I have...

I emailed VP's regional sales dept. and they emailed back "Thanks for your interest, we have a dealer located near you in Lancaster, PA." because, lancaster is close...

The streetblaze 100 has too much oxygenation for me anyhow, really want the Sunoco 260 GTX, was figuring I'd up the octane a little and chance it with the boost leaning it out some...

But since Sunoco wants $63+$60 shipping to send me a 5 gal. can, I'll just go with the bigger cog and some Shell V-power... maybe throw a bottle of injector cleaner in there...lol

Has the truck been tuned since you purchased it, or is it still running the stock tune? Reason I ask is because most stock tunes leave the A/F's super rich, especially on stock boosted motors. If you put an AEM Wideband in the truck, you could put the pulley on and do a WOT pull to see where the A/F's are. If they aren't any leaner than 12.0, I'd say you're good to go.

Its a stock tune, but the pulley ive been running is already smaller than stock. But i still believe its runing rich.

I've been wanting a wideband for a while, probably gonna get one later this summer, thinking about making the switch to E85, so I held off buying a cheap one...

I've got an AEM UEGO in mine and never had a problem. Had one in my old SRT-4, SRTefan has one in his SRT-4 making over 420whp, and I've installed them in other cars with no problems over the years. They're not that expensive either. It's up to you if you want to risk running the smaller pulley without actually knowing what the A/F's are. If it was me, I'd have one in there. I've got mine on the steering column in a single pod so it's nice and visible.