Thread: mini cooper Supercharger pulley size.

Default mini cooper Supercharger pulley size.

So I've been looking into it and saved up some money to do some work on the mini and I've really been thinking about the main upgrade i want to do and change to a smaller pulley to get some more horses and also a nice loud whine because thats probably my favorite noise the car makes LOL. But i was wondering what you guys thought. heres the one i was looking at.. Any suggestions.. also i was wondering if anyone had a tool that could remove the pulley to put on the new one because on the website they offer the tool but they want $110 bucks for it..

http://www.madnessmotorworks.com/mad...er-pulley.aspx

also i was wondering about the different sizes.. theirs a 15% smaller and a 19% smaller. they said if you get the 19% that you can't use it on a racetrack or long high revving situations. Which I'm not really in those situations usually.. sometimes me and a buddy race down roads and long straight stretches. so would that apply to me?

Default Re: mini cooper Supercharger pulley size.

not sure why they say not to use it in long high revving situations, I would guess that the heat exchanger is not efficient enough to cool the added air.

to get the most out of a pulley you'll need a minimum of a cat back and intake in most cases.

things to check

catalytic converters, will they take the added exhaust gas temps if you up the boost or do you need to upgrade those/go with a catless system?

ANY increase in boost will need a tune....

see how much the factory injectors can take.

I've always wanted to play with a mini cooper S thought with some minor modding it could be a wicked little cruiser.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

as for racing down roads.... continued prolonged use of boost would apply.. might be as simple as a lightly larger intercooler ( heat exchanger) or maybe even some methanol injection.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Where can you get a professional tune done?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Slow the SC down and add a turbo....compound boost!!

Dave, lets give the youngser a little time to learn before we blow his engine to smithereens. lol

as for a professional tune... I have no idea on a mini around here.

if i were in your shoes i'd get a tuner that was good and have him email you a tune, then you could run a scan/scans and send him the log, or just get a "kit" of mods that comes with a canned tune, if that makes sense.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

For mini stuff check with perrin tuning. They are a wife company of the famed Subaru company, cobb. Also, check wih Bavarian motor sports. On top of all of this, you own a bmw.. stuff will break and its not cheap to work on, but the outcome is awesome! My best friend had an 07 mini s, and its a screamer. Let me know if you need anything else, and i can ask him about some mini specific questions.
    06 a4
    koni SS coilovers
    APR Stage 2+
    a slew of wheels