Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need tires.. help me decide

Default Re: need tires.. help me decide

Those tires are fine... haha, ive accidentaly worn them past teh metal once....

Ford Focus ZX3 - Pitch Bllack
    Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

I'm showing metal now. I'm probably going to go with the Hankooks myself. They have better ratings than anything else in their price range, and they're actually the cheapest out of that group too.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

I'm going to need some rubber soon too. still runnign teh winter tires, they are toast as far as winter is concerned. I think they are one of the tires that turns into a all season when they pass the first wear barrs cause they are actually pretty decent right now...

Ford Focus ZX3 - Pitch Bllack
    Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

the hankook r-s3 I think I'm almost positive looked exactly the same the tread

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Its on the rear tires and you can see that their tilted in at the top pretty sure its camber because my dad had the same problem obser his Porsche and he took it in for a alignment and they said it was because of the camber

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Leveaux View Post
    The last one is the front and the first two are backs

Honestly looking at these pics, it could be a combo of negative camber and positive toe, ie.. toed out. Which toed out would have the outer edges turned out \ / , lol, like that. the combo of the two would chew a soft compound tire up in no time flat. I see it on a daily basis

******2009 Pontiac G5 / 1986 Honda Civic******
    304Kustomz of Morgantown
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

Quote Originally Posted by Stevec5ws6 View Post
    Logan, Which vetus tire? ... let us know how it performs.. you going to make it out to the euro meet tonight?
    Where was that at I was not told about one?

Do you think a 255/45r17 fit on a 205/45r17 I know their just a little wider and taller watcha guys think

Not really... The 205 is a good bit smaller of a tire in height and width. The difference is enough with the 255/45-17 to where your speedo would read 60 mph when you are really going closer to 65. You would be closer with a 235/40-17. That is the same height as the 205/45-17, but is a tad wider.
    Last edited by levilz; 04-23-2012 at 12:16 AM.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Hankook FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    Not really... The 205 is a good bit smaller of a tire in height and width. The difference is enough with the 255/45-17 to where your speedo would read 60 mph when you are really going closer to 65. You would be closer with a 235/40-17. That is the same height as the 205/45-17, but is a tad wider.
    And you would need a wider rim for the tire to work properly.
    04 VW Jetta Wagon TDI
    95 Mazda Miata

Well I got a deal down the road from my buddy who had a set of the dunlop direzza star specs and they were for 17 inch rims but like the question I asked will they fit there 255/45R17. I had already got them before I asked the question but they look like they will fit so I'm gonna try to put them on tomorrow

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    I was going down the road with my girlfriend behind me and she said I was doing like around 40 in a 45 lol