Thread: GoPro

Default GoPro

So I bought my GoPro used, and was reading some different techniques to get some better sound for it. Every where said to take off the rubber seal around the back door (I have the original GoPro with 2 AAA batteries). So I did and laid it on my counter. Fast forward a few days when I remembered that I didn't put it back on. Go to get it and it wasn't there any more. My dam cats had to of ran off with it some where. We give them the rings off the top of the milk jugs, so it was just a larger ring to them. So I hit up GoPro with an email about getting a new seal for mine since I could not find anything (even the case) for it online. Here are the emails:

Message History
    -----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday , April 09, 2012 07:40 am PDT (GMT-07:00)
    Subject: Question about placement parts

I am in need of the waterproof seal that goes on the housing of the camera. I am not too sure on the exact model of the camera, as I bought it second hand. It does say Hero on the front of it and takes 2 AAA batteries. If you can assist me in finding a place to obtain the seal that would be great.
    Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear about the broken part.

How did the part break? Did it break under normal use or because of an excessive force or impact? If under normal use, there may have been a manufacturing fault and we'd take care of replacing it under warranty.

If it's a warranty issue, please reply with a picture of the broken part, your camera's serial number located in the battery compartment, the model camera you purchased, and your mailing address. Once we hear back, we’ll get a replacement shipped right out.

Many Thanks,
    The part did not break. I wish it was a warranty issue, but my cats carried it off and I cannot find it. I it is the rubber seal that goes on the back door. I would just like to know about how to go about getting a replacement.

The model is a Hero (Original I think? It takes 2 'AAA' batteries). The serial number is xxxxxxx
    Hi Josh,

A curious cat eh? Happens all the time.

Sure, we can send a replacement out for you free of charge. Please reply with your shipping address and we'll get it in the mail.

Many Thanks,

GoPro Support
    Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 03:47 pm PDT (GMT-07:00)
    Subject: Question about placement parts

My shipping address is

XXXX XXXX Ave
    Wheeling, WV 26003

You guys are a great company!
    Thank you for the information. We will have that sent right out to you.

Many Thanks,

GoPro Support
    www.gopro.com/support
    So I get my package in the mail from them today, and come to find out they didn't send me the seal. They sent me a whole new housing, and one of the small clips for mounting. Yes, they did this all for free. It is great to have a company stand behind their products even when they didn't have to (because it was my fault nothing of theirs).

Sorry for the long read but I found the whole convergence funny.

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

Default Re: GoPro

That's awesome.
    Unfortunately you rarely see customer service even remotely as good as that these days.
    - I break things -
    '70 Mach-1 "money pit"

Yeah I know. They went above and beyond what they had to do for me. Shit I would of been happy with just the freaking seal.

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

wow that is awesome... don't see that hardly at all now days

******2009 Pontiac G5 / 1986 Honda Civic******
    304Kustomz of Morgantown
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

I garuntee that they got a kick out my response, but it's too fun not to be true. I still haven't found that ring, and doubt that I ever will, and If I ever do then I have two working cases.

Haha I know I would have.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

******2009 Pontiac G5 / 1986 Honda Civic******
    304Kustomz of Morgantown
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

Quote Originally Posted by Siwel View Post
    That's awesome..
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Siwel View Post
    Unfortunately you rarely see customer service even remotely as good as that these days.
    Agreed even more

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout
    I was the least gay ford guy

Thats awesome they treated you that way.
    1973 Dodge Dart Swinger: Garage Queen
    1984 Dodge Ramcharger: Project postponed
    2015 Dodge Dart: 2.slow 6 speed manual No mods.... Yet

That's awesome to hear man!

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Gopro rocks. I love mine.

Sent from my MiPhone !