As many of you know, my wife and I looked for months trying to find a black on black Nissan Maxima with a manual transmission. Since we were having a hard time finding that particular combination, we searched the availabilities and discovered the Altima was avaialble with the same engine/transmission combo and was nearly the same car. This widened the search to include the Altima 3.5 SE with manual transmission. We wanted a nice (like new) car with decent miles and a good clear carfax report.

Our search lead us to several dealers, some would call back, some would not. Then, we came along Carbiz in MD and I met Brian Beatty through several emails and phone calls. Brian described the car over the phone and even test drove it for me. He did not rush the sale and was very eager to work with our schedule. Don't get me wrong, I don't deal quickly. Brian and I had our dissagreements but he worked them out and kept me happy.

The dealership is nice, super nice. They have all the things most customers expect but never get. Carbiz offered free drinks, bags, keychains, etc. The only bitch I had was no hats. I wanted a hat.

Even though I told them it didn't matter since we were driving home through a snowstorm. The car was washed and final prepped before we left anyway.

The car only came with one smart key and Brian stood by his word and sent us a second smart key and also paid to have it programmed.

My only word of advice would be...call Brian so he can suggest a proper hotel room.

Thank you Brian Beatty and Carbiz of MD for making this transaction go smoothly. Smooth transactions are very rare anymore.