Thread: How to make a corvette handle better.....

Default How to make a corvette handle better.....

Add a weedeater

So yeah bought the springs did NOT expect them to come in this box... lots of paper.and some bubble wrap.. ( note smaller than boxby a lot)

annnnd finally.

2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

They need premix to help with the install?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    - I break things -
    '70 Mach-1 "money pit"

Default Re: How to make a corvette handle better.....

LoL don't know.

I noticed, ( and read where others complained) where after adding the C6z06 sway bars it felt under certain deceleration. ( mainly that which did not involve braking) that the rear seemed to feel very light. I never really did much research until i was fixing the wheelhop issue which got much worse with the gear install. but between stock and Z springs thereis well over 100 pounds difference in down force to the tires. So we will see how this goes.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I've never saw a c5 wheel hop. I don't have a lot of experience with them, though.

- I break things -
    '70 Mach-1 "money pit"

stock ones don't much they have a pretty crappy rear trans mount, it's caused by drive train rotation more than it is spring bind like the old cars had. the leave springs mount transversely, so add power. ( heads cam, intake, headers, and 4:10's. it gets more violent)
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

C5 is on my list of possibilities for the next few months lol.

I want something just no clue what.
    You can pick up a C5 reasonable these days. And the ls1 will run forever.

- I break things -
    '70 Mach-1 "money pit"

one for 12K not selling on ls1 tech. black on black 6 speed. he says make offer. if you shop around mods aren't too expensive. they are quite impressive for what they cost.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Who knows my suspension setup might even be for sale in the next few months.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Stevec5ws6 View Post
    one for 12K not selling on ls1 tech. black on black 6 speed. he says make offer. if you shop around mods aren't too expensive. they are quite impressive for what they cost.
    My spending is being put on hold for a month or two. Seems every few weeks I'm posting a new car on here lol.

I'm thinking hard on picking up a 1st gen Camaro though.

- I break things -
    '70 Mach-1 "money pit"

lol. yeah it does! don't you have a newer mustang also? (besides the mach 1 in your sig)
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Stevec5ws6 View Post
    lol. yeah it does! don't you have a newer mustang also? (besides the mach 1 in your sig)
    Yesir

I need to update my sig actually. The mach I said I'd never sell got sold lol. I'm just very rarely on the forum on a comp any more. I use one enough at work.

I really want a 65 goat but people are proud of them..
    - I break things -
    '70 Mach-1 "money pit"

I really want a 65 goat but people are proud of them..
    I'd be proud of one too, I love the 67 but like them all.

Sig by RogerStout

www.bullplayztrading.com

2004 SRT 10 Red RC Skanky~Hott Car Club President
    #2402 out of 3057, Built 6/4/2004
    Dyno####433/469 at the wheels!!!
    Mopar Nationals 2010 Viper Truck Show Winner
    Mopar Nationals 2011 Viper Truck Show 2nd Place
    Mopar Nationals 2012 No Show
    Mopar Nationals 2013 Viper Truck Show Winner

Nice weedeater Lol!Id like to of seen your face when you got it.

Funny thing is, i told dad "package coming from fedex today" because they leave shit in wierd places. so he sees that.. now granted i'm kinda big.. too tal to use one of those bent shaft POS's dad's looking there at the 2 good strait shaft shoulder strapped weedeaters we have, "what the fuck did you ORDER a weedeater for, and why such a little one? ... I'm on the phone... only thing i have coming are springs for my corvette. ... oops.. they are here.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo