Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car cleaning tips/tricks?

Kuneff is offline Wash & Wax Auto Detailing OWNER

Default Re: car cleaning tips/tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_c992001 View Post
    Wax the windshield and you won't need Rain-X.
    Only down side to that is wax buildup in rock pits of the windshield. I gave up on Rain-x after I tried Aquapell the first time.
    Contact me if you need Motorcycle Tires Mounted/Balanced.

Wash & Wax Auto Detailing (304)365-1923
    Open Saturdays

I do a full detail about twice a year, once in the early spring and again in the early fall. I do it much the same way the Junkman referenced in his videos. have a passion for detailing, love the shock of people when they realize that my car is not new. have full line of products from polishes, waxes, sealants, glazes, you name it I probably have it. Prefer Meguiars Mirror glaze pro line but have a miss mash of products. going to invest in a Pressure washer in a couple months to aid in some tasks.

Is there anyone in the Morgantown area that does full on paint correction?
    JP
    Bigger, Stronger, Faster...

Thought I would bump this back up. The 14 that I purchased has a lot of swirls and fine scratches in the black paint. I bought a griots garage polished as well as their 3 inch polished. As far as products, I bought some iron X to remove all the iron from the paint, then went with meguires microfiber system. It worked well on my last car. I purchased some microfiber pads for severe scratches as well as some foam finishing pads. I also have some of the meguires m105 and 205. Then I purchased several of the blackfire products to finish it up. It takes a while, but hopefully it will turn out good in the spring.

AG has had some nice sales lately, I have some fresh Collinite 915 in a tin waiting for spring, still need to get some ironx and I think I am going to try Gloss coat coating instead of a dedicated sealant. I also have the 105/205 combo. got too much stuff to be honest ordered exta pads in two different shipments from AG, will get the rest of the stuff I need when the tax return comes back

went ahead and bought the optimum gloss coat, and the ironx so I am pretty much set for spring, got a few small items but the important stuff is done. makes for a long couple months though. man I hate winter!

I need to order some more of the ironx, I am running low. It smells like liquid death, but it seems to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis68 View Post
    I need to order some more of the ironx, I am running low. It smells like liquid death, but it seems to work well.
    Ironx and some other color changing products are like that, I have to wear a mask when applying, makes me gag if I don't