Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto X ( cross) What it is.

Default Re: Auto X ( cross) What it is.

Quote Originally Posted by elhazzja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by daveb91 View Post
    Isn't there someone who already has the license for the north wv area....?

Not that i ever heard. Where was some folks who did a auto cross where the Sam's is now acouple years back acouple of times.
    Yes northern WV and some of Ohio is part of the Northern Ohio Valley Region...........so you guys can't start what's already there.

Is there some sort of a map that shows what area the Northern Ohio Valley Region covers? I can see where the Parkersburg area and up through the northern panhandle would be considered with them, but North Central West Virginia being included wouldn't make much sense. They apparently don't have much interest in coming out this direction eanyway, so if someone would want to head it, I don't see where there would be an issue with the SCCA branching off to make a NWVSCCA type chapter. I, personally, don't have the time or desire to put forth any efforts toward it myself. If the NOVSCCA does, indeed, cover our area, maybe it would be worth Roger's wile to contact them about the event???

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Great Lakes region 89....

Bang Biscuit............ http://www.scca.com/about/?cid=44660&r=gl

Quote Originally Posted by Stevec5ws6 View Post
    I'm not saying what you know just how you do or don't communicate it.

Not that i ever heard. Where was some folks who did a auto cross where the Sam's is now acouple years back acouple of times.
    In that thread it states SWVR SCCA helped to put that on.

or the one word reply.

I forgot about that when lowes moved out. I also thought it would be kind of hard to know all of the stuff going on when you were on a ship or living in norfolk.
    I still was a resident of Wv and was in the state atleast 1-2 times a month if i wasn't out and we have satellite tv and internet out at sea...
    09 Sonata (My DD)
    92 C1500 ( Winter Beater/ Hauler)

07accord - "I want to be a nittany lion!"
    "I'm pretty sure I have no fam. in South Jersey.Real mullet fairing people don't have spray tans." Levilz

Best I can tell, just from looking at that map...it is covering Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, Marshall, Wetzel, Marion, Mon, Doddridge, Wirt, Wood, Pleasants, Ritchie and Tyler. It's a little iffy on Harrison. May include it too, but it's right on the line. May be worth a phone call Roger... I dunno.

RNA Team #217
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)

www.elzaperformance.com

i figured you guys would of known this simple region map before talking about starting your own chapter........The NOVR looks to be active and I think they hold autox in the akron area..among others.

Never was any real discussion of starting an SCCA chapter here. Certainly not to the extent that anyone would have been researching what regions other chapters cover. Akron is a good 3 hour trip, so still not within the 1 hour or less span that I would consider local. I know the term of "local" is subjective, but I doubt many people are going to consider it much more broad than that.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

I have been in contact with the guy from 89 (Northern Ohio Valley) and have been working to get something setup in the Wheeling area.

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

I will write a more lengthy reply when I have keyboard time.

I don't care if the SCCA is affiliated or not. Inam not kissing someones ass to get them to come make money here.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

That would be my next question. Does it have to be SCCA associated if they do not cover the area? Couldn't you just buy the insurance, make your own rules, buy a stop watch and roll?

Sig by RogerStout

www.bullplayztrading.com

2004 SRT 10 Red RC Skanky~Hott Car Club President
    #2402 out of 3057, Built 6/4/2004
    Dyno####433/469 at the wheels!!!
    Mopar Nationals 2010 Viper Truck Show Winner
    Mopar Nationals 2011 Viper Truck Show 2nd Place
    Mopar Nationals 2012 No Show
    Mopar Nationals 2013 Viper Truck Show Winner

That's kind of the direction I thought an event here should start off anyway. There definitely doesn't have to be an organization name attached to it to go down.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com

There has to be insurance for a school and a corporation further protects us from liability. Stopwatch no not good enough lol
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

school will welcome a big organization like scca or nasa before some individuals...insurance or not....not bagging on you guys just helping get ducks in a row. Anyone contact NASA?

We haven't contacted anyone but the southern wv scca folks, we are all kind of busy at the moment.

the thing is we would have done a lot of work to get it here, all we would have needed was the equipment, etc.. sad part is I'll prob. end up missing their races to plan this now, so i think it's pretty much a lose lose on both our parts in that ordeal.

we have not "looked into" creating our own chapter, i made a statement on the internet. however, akron is 4hours from me, hard driving. charleston is almost 3 hours to clarksburg/shinnston area. and pittsburgh is over 3. I can't imagine us taking anything away from those regaions. and i feel that is what SCCA is worried about. .... how good is their map. i didn't recall it begin good enough to choose much if any of a boundary.

NOVR? are they still in existance? would they be willing to come down and play, josh if you know the guy ask. timing equipment, cones etc? .. it appears they are in Stubenville OH. not akron. 2008 is the last update on their website.

I am contrary to the point of the schools letting some big out of area organization in rather than people they know... not in this part of WV that's for sure. bubba can have his donkey and pig bonanza easier than you could have a west minster kennel club dog show. sounds warped but seems to be how things work down here.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

A couple years ago we tried to contact them to buy the charter....we never heard back. So if anybody got a hold of them you went further than some of us.

keep saying im gonna get into this and attend/compete in an event...maybe this year i finally wil. it looks like a looooot of fun

holy old thread batman.... I'll post up when weather improves and i find one to go to.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

Since this is old I guess nobody figured the chapter thing out.

SWVR is having a January event in Charleston, i won't be there as I'll be in wheeling teaching a CCW class at SPI Foci's house..

as for chapter. too much work for too few of us to work on right now as we are all going in 20 different directions. ...
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

That's an understatement.

RNA Team #217

www.elzaperformance.com