Thread: Mini Truckin in Wv.... Mexican Style!!!

Default Mini Truckin in Wv.... Mexican Style!!!

Mini-Truckin love

The member you see before you has been a member for quite a while. He joined and made a newbie thread and posted some pictures. Said he was friends with Kenny Genne, which I know is weird knowing Kenny’s love for "potted meat". I didn't think anything of it, until a couples months ago when he showed up at a meet we had at the Sutton dam. He was coming down the road and I saw him and didn't think anything of it. But then I heard the unmistakable sound of air coming out of air tank from the truck. I turned around to see this black S-10 drop the back, as he got closer he dragged it. It's been awhile since I’ve seen a mini-truck, and it was nice to see one that wasn't primer red up or messed up. As the day goes on I get to talking to him, and come to find out he isn't crazy and is actually pretty cool. But that’s a little background from me and now I’ll let the owner tell you guys about his truck in his own words...

I picked this truck up back in feb. of 06. I had wanted an extended cab 2wd S10 for a while. I came across this one for a good price and just had to have it. My plan was to just lower it and drive the crap out of it. This truck started out as a 2003 ZQ8 4.3 V6/auto. The ZQ8 package came with stiffer springs, bigger sway bars front and rear, quick ratio steering box, Bilstien shocks, 16in ZQ8 wheels, and a chassis brace. This made the truck 2” lower from the factory. I quickly lowered it another 2” in the front and 3” in the rear for a total of a 4/5 drop. I rocked it like this for a while, but I started to get the itch to go lower. Since the roads are to too bad around here to go any lower with a static drop I decided to bag it. So in July of 07 I bagged it and it was the best decision I have ever made. I spent a lot of time planning out the set up and in the last 3 years I have logged over 25k trouble free miles. Since the time I first bagged it I have added an engine driven compressor and tubbed the front fenders and sectioned the transmission cross member to get it lower in the front. Only another ” to go and the frame should be laying flat from front to the back, only thing holding me up now is the y-pipe. This winter/spring I am going to add bigger bags to the front, relocate the front shocks, add Power Performance upper ball joints, and remake the y-pipe. Then in the spring I plan to tub the bed and build a false bed floor to cover the fuel cell and air tanks. So far everything that has been done to this truck has been done by me and my two hands with help from my wife and step dad. My goal with this truck has been to keep all the creature comforts and I am not willing to give up anything that adds to drivability or comfort, still has AC, power heated mirrors, power everything, and abs.

CONGRATS PRIME!!!!!

Mods:
    Suspension Front:
    Thorbecke Brothers Lower control arms with Power Performance ball joints
    Thorbecke Brothers 3” upper bag cups
    Air Lift 2B6 air bags (this spring they will be replaced with bigger Air Lift Dominator 2600 bags)
    Full poly bushings

Suspension Rear:
    Air Ride Tech 3 link with modded upper wish bone and lower bag and shock mounts
    Firestone FS9000 sleeve bags
    Full poly bushings

Air setup:
    York 210 air condition compressor modded to run as an Engine Driven Compressor

Modified Thorbecke Brothers York 209 bracket
    2 Viair 450 electric compressors
    8 SMC ” valves
    8 gallon air tank (this spring will be replaced with two 5 gallon tanks)
    SMC Water traps
    Square D pressure switch
    Clear Brick switch box
    SMC regulator
    Horn Blasters train horns
    1/2” DOT air line
    Air Lift gauges

Chassis and Misc. Mods:
    Thorbecke Brothers carrier bearing cross member
    Sectioned transmission cross member
    Air Ride Tech C-notch kit
    Tubbed inner fenders to clear 20’s
    Modded Blower box for tire clearance
    Relocated ABS unit

Exterior Mods:
    GM roll pan
    Tinted tail lights
    Destriped and debadged
    Painted lower front valance, wiper cowl, and wipers
    ARE fiberglass bed cover
    17x8 Cragar Soft 8s
    245/45/17 Falken Ziex ZE912 tires

Interior Mods:
    Custom center console to hold the air gauges
    Infinity 10” sub
    Pioneer 450watt RMS amp
    Pioneer head unit

Performance Mods: (not many lol)
    Modded maf
    Open element
    Coil
    Dynomax Muffler
    Quick tune

Last edited by SPI_Foci; 12-10-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Default Re: Mini Truckin in Wv.... Mexican Style!!!

Badass. So is he Car of the Month or something?

Also, the font is white and really hard to read what he wrote. Might want to change it to black.

Congrats man!

SHCC RADical Pres

Congras!!!
    DUBJUNKIE!!
    MK3 GTI VR6
    Mk3 jetta 2.0
    B5 AUDI 1.8T QUATTRO
    B1 PASSAT 1.3

Congrats. Your style is up too

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

Good looking truck. Bagged is the way to go around here. I see alot of lowered vehicles have the front/rear bumpers scraped to hell.

I had a guy come up to me when I stopped at a car show and asked if I was going to lower it. I told him if anything I'll make it higher because I already scrape everywhere. lol Which reminds me..I need to put on my new front splitter.

Love it PRIME, love the theme too!

PS I still love the steel wheels.

Ford Focus ZX3 - Pitch Bllack
    Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

Congrats Prime!!!

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

congrats man!!! love the truck! thank you for being an active member or our site!

looks good- congrats man...
    2011 Silverado 1500 LT 4x4 Crew Cab, 7.5" Rough Country Lift Kit, 20" Eagle Alloy Wheels (superfinished), 35x12.50x20 Federal Couragia MT, Innovative Creations Chrome Nerf Bars, AVS Vent Visors, LineX Spray in Bedliner, Rugged Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares

Congrats Prime. Looks good.

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."

Thanks guys!! I really do appreciate it. It feels awesome seeing it at the top of the page. The opening paragraph rocked!! It had my actually laughing out loud.

This truck has been a long term project for me and has been a great leaning experience alone the way. This truck is no garage queen and I drive the crap out of it from the time the snow melts till it falls again.

Templar: Thanks, I love em too, but my next ones will probably be another set of chrome ones. I like how they sparkle. lol

Lowcop: Thanks man. The site rocks, I figure I will be around here for quite some time.

I love the look of the black and pink theme BTW. 8)

2003 Bagged S10
    1991 Firebird Convertible 1 of 953 built. (Back on the road )
    1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus (long term project)

my pleasure buddy, glad to have ya as a member and glad to have ya featured

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Thanks guys!! I really do appreciate it. It feels awesome seeing it at the top of the page. The opening paragraph rocked!! It had my actually laughing out loud.

This truck has been a long term project for me and has been a great leaning experience alone the way. This truck is no garage queen and I drive the crap out of it from the time the snow melts till it falls again.

Templar: Thanks, I love em too, but my next ones will probably be another set of chrome ones. I like how they sparkle. lol

Lowcop: Thanks man. The site rocks, I figure I will be around here for quite some time.

I love the look of the black and pink theme BTW. 8)
    I figured that you'd like the theme, modeled it after your truck

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

Congrats, I like the Mexican Style!

Sig by RogerStout

www.bullplayztrading.com

2004 SRT 10 Red RC Skanky~Hott Car Club President
    #2402 out of 3057, Built 6/4/2004
    Dyno####433/469 at the wheels!!!
    Mopar Nationals 2010 Viper Truck Show Winner
    Mopar Nationals 2011 Viper Truck Show 2nd Place
    Mopar Nationals 2012 No Show
    Mopar Nationals 2013 Viper Truck Show Winner

looks good

Whats the email address again to get featured?

Quote Originally Posted by WickedJester View Post
    Whats the email address again to get featured?
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout View Post
    you just get picked by the staff at random. No application. Posting photos of your ride in the members rides area I am sure will help.. hard to pick cars they have never seen..
    Roger is right...We, take everyone into consideration for the feature. We have changed how it is done. I will update the feature selection thread now.

I am digging the truck just not the pink wire loom. Congrats on the feature.
    http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s269/1sickta/2quick.jpg