Thread: Put up for the winter?

Default Put up for the winter?

Normally I ride all year long and never want to actually put the bike "up" for the winter. This year i'm actually thinking about it since now work is only 1 mile down the road if that and I work 7pm-7am. Before I'd just ride to work so i'd feel better.

Anyone else put their 2 wheeled ride up for the season? What did you do?

My baby now has a sheet of dust on her Looks like i'll have to find a warmer day to wash her and cover her up. Thinking of putting her on the wheel stands but not too sure yet.... At least it would be harder for someone to push it out of the garage that way.

2013 Subaru BRZ

Default Re: Put up for the winter?

wash, spray wax, general maintenance, staybil for fuel, and hooked up the battery tender

Mines still sitting out side uncoveder...gotta get the garage cleaned out from the move

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

I put most of my RWD cars up for the winter. and don't drive them in the shitty salt, etc.

wheel stands might save the tires tome too? i don't know a lot about bike tires, etc.

working darkness to darkness sucks. can't wait for daylight savings time ( the bush way) to kick back in lol
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

lol yea sad thing is I'm actually getting use to this night shift thing even though I normally only get about 4 hours of sleep. And now my boss is ranting and raving saying come jan/feb there are going to be some major changes. When I first came full time I said I wanted days.. now I kinda like nights lol
    Just wish I could find some good roads to ride on my own during the day....

I think i'm going to put the RC8 back for sale when the season starts to come back. Really shouldn't have financed another bike... I need to grow up and have one thats paid off.

I would have preped her for storage today but no - it had to snow...

2013 Subaru BRZ

I think the only thing I really put up for the winter is my riding mower and weed eater. I can always find a day to ride my bike or drive my vehicles.

Sig by RogerStout

www.bullplayztrading.com

2004 SRT 10 Red RC Skanky~Hott Car Club President
    #2402 out of 3057, Built 6/4/2004
    Dyno####433/469 at the wheels!!!
    Mopar Nationals 2010 Viper Truck Show Winner
    Mopar Nationals 2011 Viper Truck Show 2nd Place
    Mopar Nationals 2012 No Show
    Mopar Nationals 2013 Viper Truck Show Winner

I don't have a bike but I have really put off taking my CF hood and rims off the car. I went out today to 2 places to see about getting the rims off and the stockers back on. Everyone was slammed and said it may be a 3 hour wait. I guess everyone forgot to get their snow tires on before the first snow hit.

Cat
    Never Speed Through Life

Quote Originally Posted by s13silvcoupe View Post
    wash, spray wax, general maintenance, staybil for fuel, and hooked up the battery tender
    +1

Put it up on stands. Or air up the tires to keep from flat spotting

You can fog the cylinders if you want too.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.~Thomas Jefferson
    Jamie
    My YouTube Channel
    My Flickr Page

I put everything away once salt hits the road. I dont remember the last time I rode either bike.

I have no shame in saying Im a fair weather rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I don't have a bike but I have really put off taking my CF hood and rims off the car. I went out today to 2 places to see about getting the rims off and the stockers back on. Everyone was slammed and said it may be a 3 hour wait. I guess everyone forgot to get their snow tires on before the first snow hit.

Cat

up here you have to make appointments.

I just put the winter/snow tires on the jeep thursday night in the freezing cold darkness... tonight i was glad it was done.
    2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo

I just put new AT tires back on my 01 Dakota. I have new AT tires for Cindy's Dakota too, just haven't put them on yet.

Sig by RogerStout

www.bullplayztrading.com

2004 SRT 10 Red RC Skanky~Hott Car Club President
    #2402 out of 3057, Built 6/4/2004
    Dyno####433/469 at the wheels!!!
    Mopar Nationals 2010 Viper Truck Show Winner
    Mopar Nationals 2011 Viper Truck Show 2nd Place
    Mopar Nationals 2012 No Show
    Mopar Nationals 2013 Viper Truck Show Winner

Bump for putting close to 100 miles in the 2011 season already. I had it out yesterday for a while and today for a nice little ride. Wrists hurt a little today on the longer ride and my ass went kinda numb. Going down the highway cruising I thought to myself "wow I've missed this".

I hope this is a sign of the spring we are getting. Longer riding time is a plus in my book.

Stay safe out there, the roads are still dirty, potholes everywhere, and cinders to boot.
    ""

My tags are still dead, need to get them figured out.

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

HaLfUnIt202 Guest

Its about time to get it cleaned up for Spring dont ya say??

I road to the gym wens and could have sworn I was never going to.get to leave... everyone wanted to talk to me about it. I drove yesterday since I'm trying to keep the miles off of it to sell it and the damn gym owner asked where the bike was lol
    Really hope my KTM sells soon... really hate not riding.

2013 Subaru BRZ

If everyone is so interested drive it with a for sale sign to hang on it when you park. .. best way to sell cars for sure.
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo