Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: jeeps

Default Re: jeeps

Thanks too bad they all need work, lol. Someday I'll get a few more on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by highgear View Post
    Thanks too bad they all need work, lol. Someday I'll get a few more on the road.

you can always sell me one so I can work on it.....lol

I've added a few things to my jeep since I last posted a pic of it on here.

Here's what it looks like now. Still got a ways to go to get it where I want it.

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 hemi
    Lifted and pretty wheels with 35's

Default jeeps

Love the look of it in that picture.

Ford Focus ZX3 - Pitch Bllack
    Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

Thank you, it's touched up with instagram.Heres a few more

Default jeeps

Hot damn you remind me why I want a jeep.

Ford Focus ZX3 - Pitch Bllack
    Koni Yellow shocks/ struts, Eibach Sportline springs, (Steeda 24mm front & H&R 28mm rear) Anti-sways, Cone filter, lunchbox delete, Massive UDP, MSD coilpack, Massive lower engine mount

You night shade the front makers? Looks like you need to pull them and put some more around the edges...other than that it looks good.

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

Also notice the lack of inspection?

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

Edges have faded. They've been shaded for awhile. They're getting replaced with clears.

uploadfromtaptalk1352088981798.jpg

Not a Wrangler, but I love my xj's. I'm just running a 4" and 31's but she does alright I guess. More stuff for her in the future

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    1997 Dodge Ram-5in BDS- it hauls shit
    1998 Camaro SS- When I need to compensate

1998 VW GTI- ex DD status- with some random shit- collecting dust FS

Forgot about his thread. Heres my Wrangler currently.

An elderly lady blew a stop sign and hit me in July. Bent the frame and cracked the transfercase in half. I bought it back from the insurance and I'm slowly tearing it apart for a frame swap and some goodies.
    09 Ram Hemi
    98 Jeep Wrangler
    07 Subaru Impreza
    67 Mustang

nice! White and black are my two favorite colors for a jeep.

Default jeeps

2001 Corvette - Heads, Cam, Intake, Full exhaust, Hotchkiss Swaybars, z06 brake ducts, SS brake pistons & Lines Etc. Lowered & Murdered out.
    2000 Trans AM WS6 - Forged Motor APS Twin Turbo Kit. Full Suspension & C5 brakes.... in pieces currently
    1998 Trans AM STS Turbo
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - when you just gotta go places other things won't take you.
    1995 Mercury Grand Marquis - ugly but comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout View Post

Installed some 31x10.50 on the kids jeep today. Not a fan of the back spacing on the gambler wheels but she won't get pulled over for the tires sticking out at least.
    Looks like your family has the Jeep addiction. Looks good! I have a hard enough time keeping up with one Jeep, I couldn't imagine two.
    09 Ram Hemi
    98 Jeep Wrangler
    07 Subaru Impreza
    67 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by RogerStout View Post

Installed some 31x10.50 on the kids jeep today. Not a fan of the back spacing on the gambler wheels but she won't get pulled over for the tires sticking out at least.

Looks good. It being a sahara also means it should have D44 axles with a l/s carrier in the back in which I envy. My "X" has the D35 for now until I get my 8.8 installed.

Quote Originally Posted by THEDUSTCLOUD View Post
    Looks good. It being a sahara also means it should have D44 axles with a l/s carrier in the back in which I envy. My "X" has the D35 for now until I get my 8.8 installed.
    To my knowledge only Unlimted and Rubicon models came standard with rear D44's. All other Jeep models the D44 was an additional cost option (excluding 2.5L Jeeps). I have a buddy with a Sahara that just did a gear swap and he had the D30/D35 combo. I'm with you though, by the time you find and buy a D44 you can build up a 8.8.
    09 Ram Hemi
    98 Jeep Wrangler
    07 Subaru Impreza
    67 Mustang

Got a 94 Cherokee Sport. Everythings in good order except the unibody which snapped right in front of the rear leaf spring shackle on both sides. While on the drive home from buying it.

When I was a kid, we had a mid-70s CJ5 lifted way up with a 3spd, headers and side exit dual cherry bombs. It snapped the driveshaft. And after it was fixed, it snapped the frame under the front seats. Common issue?

Quote Originally Posted by 07accord View Post
    To my knowledge only Unlimted and Rubicon models came standard with rear D44's. All other Jeep models the D44 was an additional cost option (excluding 2.5L Jeeps). I have a buddy with a Sahara that just did a gear swap and he had the D30/D35 combo. I'm with you though, by the time you find and buy a D44 you can build up a 8.8.

Your right, for some reason I was thinking they did. Nonetheless the saharas are still a really nice model. The 8.8 is defintely a great upgrade in strength, plus rear disk brakes are nice.

In response to Tygur:

I've heard of it happening but it's not something I hear of often. Really what that comes down to is how notorious Jeeps are for rusting. I had a 97 Wrangler built similar to the 04 I have now and it got cancer real bad in one bad winters time. The rust was so bad by summer that the body rusted out around the tubs body mounts and the body would separate from the frame when driving over a rough set of railroad tracks.

Here's my daily beater.
    2004 Overland
    2011 BMW 335i Xdrive Coupe: tune, intake, exhaust, chargepipe, wheels and tint

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland: 3" IRO lift, 32" BFG AT's, tune, intake, exhaust, wheels and tint

Previous rides: 08 Corvette, 08 BMW 328xi, 93 Transam, 02 Acura RSX, 87 Porsche 944

I've heard of it happening but it's not something I hear of often. Really what that comes down to is how notorious Jeeps are for rusting.
    Strange thing is, neither one was rusted.

Then that is odd. Lol.