Thread: JeepNGLI VagCOM Service

Default JeepNGLI VagCOM Service

Helped me out once again with my jetta. Great service and great price. Would recommend anyone in the area who needs this service to get ahold of him.

Thanks once again.
    ""

Default Re: JeepNGLI VagCOM Service

Thanks man. I appreciate that.

I have fun doing it. Funny that it turned out to be two blown bulbs. I have a program to do a basic BUTT dyno using the VAG-COM. We should try that and see what it says. Uses the load sensors, engine speed, a few other parameters.

Its amazing what that cable can do. Wish my mustang's SCT would do the same

SHCC RADical Pres

ok this is pretty messed up, all he talks about is his "vag" and not he's talking about butt dyno's. lol.

Well at least you know you have a person to go to...I would question what a good price is...my VW tech works for beer and cigs after hours

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by SPI_Foci View Post
    Well at least you know you have a person to go to...I would question what a good price is...my VW tech works for beer and cigs after hours
    I charge a flat, standard fee. Just a few bucks for my time. I can only do Vdubs and Audis 05 and up. But thats a few bucks for fun things like Windows down/up via remote, DRLs on/off, Fogs as DRLs, Euroswitch enabling, and even more complicated things like recoding the ECU for blutooth and euro rear fogs.

If he does it for beer and cigs, you're prolly paying him more than I charge. A typical shop will charge $30-60/hr for this stuff. I charge less than that and a flat fee.

And Nate just needed codes checked and cleared. No charge for that, especially since I've already done his car

SHCC RADical Pres

Why can you only do Audi's 05+? Do you have the Micro cable? I have the Hex+Can and can use it on older Audi's also. I did a 99 A6 a few weeks ago.

No, I didn't get the older version. I can do anything MKV and newer. I didn't get the Hex+Can b/c I didn't own anything nor did I think I would own anything pre-MKV. The price difference didn't justify it for me. I needed it mainly b/c my MKV GLI threw a lot of codes. I just do it as a courtesy for anyone else. No making a living off it or anything.

EDIT: I consider myself pretty good with it. I don't just do the long code helping like most. I can do the full reprogram if needed. That being said, I don't know much about the coding on the PRE-2005s. So I prefer to stay with what I know. I just did a 2010 Golf a few weeks ago. Not interested in learning the older tricks. You can make a mess of the ECU very quickly if you don't know what you're doing and don't use the long code helper. Each car has slightly different coding. Most of it the same, but there are some difference based on options and not all of them are mapped out. I've actually done almost 50 MKVs now. I have a thread on golfmkv that shows my customers
    Last edited by JeepNGLI; 05-19-2010 at 03:55 PM.

SHCC RADical Pres

Quote Originally Posted by JeepNGLI View Post
    Thanks man. I appreciate that.

I have fun doing it. Funny that it turned out to be two blown bulbs. I have a program to do a basic BUTT dyno using the VAG-COM. We should try that and see what it says. Uses the load sensors, engine speed, a few other parameters.

Its amazing what that cable can do. Wish my mustang's SCT would do the same
    We can try it out sometime bud, could be interesting to see what comes out. I'd do it tonight but I got some stuff going on. One of these days whens its actually nice out I'll hit you up.
    ""