Thread: App Tire in Teays Valley

Default App Tire in Teays Valley

So I took the GTO there for an alignment. I had cupping on the two front tires and one rear tire was completely bald on the inner two inches so I guess I needed it checked. Well yeah, I needed one. They charged me $45 a side for a camber kit because they said my car's camber wasn't adjustable. Turns out it is. I went to Joe Holland they were nice enough to print me out the procedure on how to do it. There's a camber adjustment screw. So I'm taking it back there on Saturday. I want the original bolts put back in and my money back for the kit. I'm not sure where they put those bolts but I hope it didn't damage anything on my suspension. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

On another note, I'm thinking of replacing the rear springs with stock height rears. Apparently GTOs have crappy suspensions. The springs sag and the bushings wear out well before the 50k miles I have on mine.

Default Re: App Tire in Teays Valley

Quote Originally Posted by slowbalt View Post
    On another note, I'm thinking of replacing the rear springs with stock height rears. Apparently GTOs have crappy suspensions. The springs sag and the bushings wear out well before the 50k miles I have on mine.

I'm not suprised the GTO suspension isn't that great. My F-car's sucks too. It looks like the car is launching when it isn't moving at all. Hopefully that'll change after this weekend. Sucks that they didn't know what they were talking about at the garage too.

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

This place PISSED me off too. I asked them about their prices for mounting tires and he pointed a the sign... I asked if he can do it today and he said sure..

I come back and yeeaaaa the price is just about DOUBLE if you have your own tires for them to mount. I was PISSED!! They didn't give a damn...

2013 Subaru BRZ

Firestone in Charleston took good care of my mustang, replace a tie rod end for me and aligned everything, it feels awesome. plus, i love those Firestone Firehawks, best tires ive riddin on

They put the car up and saw that there is a camber adjustment screw. They gave me back the original bolts and I drove off. I didn't care if it was done with the camber kits since I asked someone and they said it doesn't matter. I got the money back for the camber kits.

I have to go talk to them tomorrow. My girlfriend went there and they said that she needed an alignement, balance, right tie rod, brakes, rotors, and her drums cleaned. The brakes are fine, the tires were just put on and the wheels balanced, the rotors are good, the tie rod is tight and fine, the only thing she needed was an alignment, but they didn't even get that right. She left and it was worse then before. She then had to go back. I also have an issue the tie rod. They go and get it from autozone and retail for it is 67.99. I understand overhead, but they charged 126.99 for it. I think that is just insane. That is a huge mark up.
    Last edited by Hydra622; 05-20-2010 at 01:34 AM.