Thread: Tire Changes... WOW...

Kuneff is offline Wash & Wax Auto Detailing OWNER

Default Tire Changes... WOW...

I have been doing my own tire changes for about 10 years now, so I have been out of the loop with the cost that dealers are charging... WOW...

I have had a few people tell me lately how much the dealerships are charging... WOW...

Tires on the bike... $65 for the rear, $53 for the front... $24 each off the bike...

Makes me glad I can do it myself.

***Oh yeah, I charge $25 each on the bike $15 if the wheels are already off. Then $5 each to dispose of the old tires properly. 304-365-1923
    Contact me if you need Motorcycle Tires Mounted/Balanced.

Wash & Wax Auto Detailing (304)365-1923
    Open Saturdays

Default Re: Tire Changes... WOW...

damn, thats crazy price. coarse i dont own a bike, but jeez

At Blizzards he's raised it to $75 if the wheel is on the bike and $20 if it's off. But we don't really have a mechanic so its hard to get to a bike with the wheel still on. Amazingly we still get a LOT of people come in with the wheel on the bike.

2013 Subaru BRZ

i would take them off and let them change them.. 24 bucks 2 me aint worth the headache lol

I don't know about new tires but Teays Valley Tire charged me $20 for a rotate and balance last month when I needed a new inspection sticker on the Cobalt. I'll have them do it on the GTO, too. $20 isn't bad considering the balancing machine costs them thousands. Just got a coupon from Joe Holland though in the email for the same thing for $40 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kuneff View Post
    I have been doing my own tire changes for about 10 years now, so I have been out of the loop with the cost that dealers are charging... WOW...

I have had a few people tell me lately how much the dealerships are charging... WOW...

Tires on the bike... $65 for the rear, $53 for the front... $24 each off the bike...

Makes me glad I can do it myself.

***Oh yeah, I charge $25 each on the bike $15 if the wheels are already off. Then $5 each to dispose of the old tires properly. 304-365-1923
    Quote Originally Posted by slowbalt View Post
    I don't know about new tires but Teays Valley Tire charged me $20 for a rotate and balance last month when I needed a new inspection sticker on the Cobalt. I'll have them do it on the GTO, too. $20 isn't bad considering the balancing machine costs them thousands. Just got a coupon from Joe Holland though in the email for the same thing for $40 lol
    Did you even write the OP? Let me highlight some key points in bold and you can look at it....

224hp/280tq | 17lbs of boost | Neuspeed P-Flow Intake | Replacement Forge DV | EuroJet Boost Gauge
    "And remember kids, procrastination is like masturbation: in the end, you're just screwing yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by SPI_Foci View Post
    Did you even write the OP? Let me highlight some key points in bold and you can look at it....

you love bustin peoples balls!!!
    Grade A Garage
    EAST COAST IS THE BEST COAST

I might need my front one changed soon if u could. Where is the cheapest place to get tires from? You wouldn't happen to have any lying around anywhere with good tread on it would u?

Quote Originally Posted by tronix304 View Post
    I might need my front one changed soon if u could. Where is the cheapest place to get tires from? You wouldn't happen to have any lying around anywhere with good tread on it would u?
    I still have my Morgantown Honda discount...however it still doesn't beat the deals you can get online. Try these sites, they have some of the best prices:
    www.sportbiketrackgear.com (They have a Military discount too)
    www.ronayers.com

PS...Kuneff does a good job changing tires...I think he is referring to me telling him those prices...lol

Yeah. car tires and bike tire changes have went assanine over the last couple years.