Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I-79 Construction

I-79 Construction

I don't know if this is where I should post this, but it seemed like the most logical. I wanted to send this out to see if anyone else has any problems with all this road construction going on. I meant to post this the other day, but forgot. I particularly wanna know if anyone that travels past the Meadowbrook Mall exit has trouble right there after you pass the exit going North. It's like they didn't take their time on smoothing out the part in between where they grinded the road up, and the bridge. It used to be bad when they had the lanes being used on the left hand side of the road, but now they switched it to the right and now it's worse. I travel up that way quite a bit, and the other day I hit it hard. So hard that it jolted my car hard enough to make my wipers come on.

A couple weeks ago I had a flat tire in PA, and took my car to get a new tires on the back (they needed changed anyway). The guy at the tire shop asked me to come out to look at something. Given the luck of me with this car, I was ready for anything. He said he couldn't put a tire on the rim, because if he did...it would split the rim. I asked him why it would do that. He pointed to the rim and it had cracked in 3 different places. I haven't gotten a chance to check the rest of my rims real well, but I can only think that the road construction that I described above may have caused the cracks in my rim. Does anyone know how someone can notify the State Road to work on that a little better?

Alright...enough of my venting...
    Last edited by DrewPDogg; 10-24-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Default Re: I-79 Construction

I avoid the construction and go down Lodgeville road for this exact reason....
    2011 KIA Optima SX
    2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

Good luck with the state road and getting payment... I think my old neighbor and one of the members on here (Robbie) had this happen to his mustang about a year or so ago... PM him to see what he did about it... I know he was talking about getting the state to pay.

I have never tried, but heard it takes years. I think you should try, or else it will just keep happenning, but just realize that it may not happen quickly.
    '04 Stg 4 WRX-busted and in the barn
    '06 Civic-MPG's!
    '11 Outback-Mtn bike hauler

my sis hit a pothole in her brand new car and bent the rim, but nothing was ever done and she moved to Flordia.

I drive through that way a lot. Its horrible and it needs fixed. I drive the cavi through there but I switch lanes to avoid the bump but that side is getting it to. With the mustang we go back roads because we dont want anything to happen to it. There is to much money in those rims and tires.

Well wouldn't ya kno...I complain about the construction zone while I'm @ work, and head up north after work....sure enough...they've got it paved now! Maybe I should complain about not having a Million dollars?!?!

lol that makes me happy.

they are in the final stages. you went through after their milling and prior to wearing coat being applied. unfortunately it has to be that way. it was so rough there in the conc to get a good seal on the new pavement.

sorry if it caused any damage, but sometimes it happens during construction.

lodgeville rd is bad news too, due to all the traffic congestion
    Jared:
    His: 2008 Jeep JK. lifted, locked, ready to rock
    Hers: 2005 Jeep KJ
    Ours: looking for Mustang GT

man that is horrible through there, i do my best to avoid it

The road is actually fixed now.....
    2011 KIA Optima SX
    2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4

ride it everyday to work.... i like it now.
    09 Sonata (My DD)
    92 C1500 ( Winter Beater/ Hauler)

07accord - "I want to be a nittany lion!"
    "I'm pretty sure I have no fam. in South Jersey.Real mullet fairing people don't have spray tans." Levilz

I'm still not a fan of the stop signs on the entrance ramps....

03' SSS, 98' T/A,84' Monte Carlo SS,08' Civic, 65' Malibu SS
    RNA Team #217
    Rally Appalachia 11': 7th, Day 3
    Rally Dixie 12': Top 20, Day 1; Top 10, Day 2; Fastest Time, Day 3. (But DQ for ticket)
    Penn Dutch Rally 14': Turtle Award!
    Mille Rally 14':We finished
    Penn Dutch Rally 15': 2ND OVERALL!

www.elzaperformance.com

Yeah, it's all better now. They had the top layer down on the left lanes of the north bound side yesterday when I went through. It's very very smooth now.

Quote Originally Posted by levilz View Post
    I'm still not a fan of the stop signs on the entrance ramps....
    yea i almost got hit in my cruiser last night on one of the ramps

i didnt read the whole post but if you're trying to get money from the roads it takes at least a year, they have to run it through the main garage and through a bunch of stuff. it helps if you would take pics of the road where it got damaged and of your car.
    I know this because i worked the summer program for the state

Quote Originally Posted by tronix304 View Post
    i didnt read the whole post but if you're trying to get money from the roads it takes at least a year, they have to run it through the main garage and through a bunch of stuff. it helps if you would take pics of the road where it got damaged and of your car.
    that sucks because the road is fixed now

state = wont pay. LOL

anyways they should be opening the ramps fully soon. i do agree the stop signs could use better posting and visibility, especially at night.
    Jared:
    His: 2008 Jeep JK. lifted, locked, ready to rock
    Hers: 2005 Jeep KJ
    Ours: looking for Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by tronix304 View Post
    I'm not really wanting to get money out of it. Just wanted to vent a little, and see if anyone else had the trouble too. I figured that getting money from the state would be like a monkey trying to hump a football anyway...

Did you fix your rim? If you didnt i know wheres there is a place in belle Vernon,Pa.... Not that far from Mo-town its 1 hour 20min...I took two of my 17 that were bent bad and those guys trued them perfect...So let me know if you need the number and name...
    DUBJUNKIE!!
    MK3 GTI VR6
    Mk3 jetta 2.0
    B5 AUDI 1.8T QUATTRO
    B1 PASSAT 1.3

I ended up paying for a new rim so I could drive it at normal speeds again without the donut. I'll keep this in mind for future reference tho! Thanx!

this happened to me down here in st albins 2 weeks ago !! the road crew left about 1/2 in gap going onto the st albins bridge busted and crack my front passenger rims and bent my pass. rear blew both my tires.
    once i got home and call the state and asked for the contractor thats doing the road which was WV Paving they had me send pics of my rims and get 2 estimates. there paying for both rims tires and an alinment $447.41 all together should get my check end of this week or begining of next week they were easy to deal with.the night after it happen they went and fixed that part of the road also so smooth sailing now .

AND ITS ALIVE!!!!!!! lol

Contact the state road regional office they might pay for your rim, document what time and exactly where it happened. not saying for sure they will, and it was prob. the contractors fault, but still they might.

had the same problem and the state wouldnt do anything

1993 Mustang GT-----351W swap soon.
    2002 Cadillac Escalade EXT on 22's-Borla exhaust----DD
    1997 Ford Aspire 5 speed.....known as the Mini Hemi-------work vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse3g03 View Post
    the road crew left about 1/2 in gap going onto the st albins bridge busted and crack my front passenger rims and bent my pass. rear blew both my tires
    1/2" gap? Really? That's like...tiny...?
    -Jeff-

1995 Ford Thunderbird SC 5-speed - 1 of 574
    2011 Taurus SHO - TT 3.5L - 13.8@102mph - 100% Stock
    2011 Audi A4 Premium Plus - 2.0T - Black/Black