Thread: Drove the bike 200 miles home(uneventful), then we take a 6 mile drive 2up &....

WVSTREETS Guest

Default Drove the bike 200 miles home(uneventful), then we take a 6 mile drive 2up &....

I made it with only one cicada in the face lol. I am sore from the riding position on the bike but overall not too bad. We left here at 10am, stopped and ate in Huntington, went to KY and got the bike and left there at 2:30pm and made it home at 6pm.

We sat around about 30 minutes and my gf wanted to go for a ride so we went about 6 miles towards Cowen. On our way back, right in a curve I caught something out of the corner of my eye in the woods so I slowed down (a damn idiot in a car then comes up on my ass). Not even 1 second later a fucking huge black bear runs right in front of us, I hit the brakes and the bike slides a little (new tires) so I let off and try to go around the bear so I can 1: keep from hitting it, pissing it off then getting mauled and 2: so the asshole in the car behind me does not run over me. Luckily the damn bear does not hesitate it keeps runnning and we get around it with no problems.

I can see it now, hitting the bear and pissing it off then getting ran over and the bear turning around and eating what is left of us lol.

Talk about a fucked up short drive!

Default Re: Drove the bike 200 miles home(uneventful), then we take a 6 mile drive 2up &....

Wow lol. Bear chow. I almost hit a cub mountain biking one time.
    2000 Mustang GT SOHC 4.6L : 665hp at the tirel
    11.00 @ 134 mph... A 17 year love affair...

Wyotech Graduate 03/14 : High Performance 1 & 2...Engine Management Systems 1 & 2...Powertrain...
    Chassis/Suspension & Braking systems.. 3.7 GPA.

Default Re: Drove the bike 200 miles home(uneventful), then we take a 6 mile drive 2up &....

what kind of bike you have now?

still have the katana?
    DSM-less

'00 S10
    01 Jetta Wolfsburg

Awesome story. One to tell the kids someday. Glad you are okay. I need a bike. Gas is killing me...

That would be bad, hitting the bear, the car hitting you, and the bear has a nice snack!! HAHAHA!! Hopefully your next ride will not be so eventful!
    '04 Stg 4 WRX-busted and in the barn
    '06 Civic-MPG's!
    '11 Outback-Mtn bike hauler

Same thing happened to me back in November, get to the end of the notorious "sawmill straight strech" of rt. 85 at around 75-80mph and momma bear and one of her cubs comes right out and goes over the guard rails about 20 yards ahead of me....The car following makes yours much worse.... glad you made it home.... amazing how stuff like that can happen after an uneventful long trip!

lol a bear?! Thats crazy. I was expecting to read a deer.

Our weekend rides are normally about 100-150 miles long. Key is to just move around a lot. There isn't just one posistion. Half the time I have one arm propping me up on the gas tank. (I can ride my bike with no handle bars...no handlebars...) Then I have to lay on the tank to let my arms rest.. Sometimes just sit forward.. sit backwards.. sit a little to the side..

My problem is when I get off the bike my legs are pretty much gone.. Once they are in the riding posistion for that long it's hard for them to go back lol

2013 Subaru BRZ

WVSTREETS Guest

For some reason I kept getting a cramp in the right side of my neck lol. I do not know what the hell I was doing to make it do that. The right side of my neck is sore as hell today. For the first 40 miles my hands and feet tingled a little ( the damn old bike vibrates some) but after that it was not bad at all.

lol at least you made it ok

WVSTREETS Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DSM_obsession View Post
    what kind of bike you have now?

still have the katana?
    Yeah but it runs really good, it has the timing advanced, header and exhaust and the carbs jetted. The bike looks almost new with the paint job and everything. I did notice that the front left signal light is out, hopefully it is just the bulb. I got a little over 50mpg on the way home yesterday!

I rode a k7 GSXR 600 to Mrytle Beach twice last summer. Talk about uncomfortable. I was miserable both times. Then I almost got killed on the way home the first trip.
    2002 Firebird Formula

damn hittin a bear in a car is bad i could imagine what it would be like on a bike

we're gonna have to go ridin sometime, there is about 10 people around here that want to go
    sportbikes and cruisers both

Quote Originally Posted by WVSTREETS View Post
    For some reason I kept getting a cramp in the right side of my neck lol. I do not know what the hell I was doing to make it do that. The right side of my neck is sore as hell today. For the first 40 miles my hands and feet tingled a little ( the damn old bike vibrates some) but after that it was not bad at all.
    What helmet do you have?

I was wearing a cheap helmet and switched to the fulmer and still had neck pain after riding for a while... Then I got my Icon and havn't had an issue since. The areodynamic crap on it works wonders! And the Icon is lighter...
    Put the crap one back on to do my test the other day and it's amazing how much better the icon is...
    Too bad the icon's paint chips WAY too easy.

2013 Subaru BRZ

WVSTREETS Guest

a walmart bell helmet

a walmart bell helmet
    aannddd there is the neck problem It'll protect your head but wont do much else.
    If your going to stick to riding I HIGHLY recomend getting a name brand. Icon is probably one of the cheapest. Well before Icon i'd get Scorpion or Shark. I've heard a lot of good things about them!!

2013 Subaru BRZ

WVSTREETS Guest

yeah i bet it is pulling my head back, it is sort of round lol.

yeah i bet it is pulling my head back, it is sort of round lol.
    lol
    I was all smiles the first time I wore my icon helmet and road. Felt SO much better and there was SO much less wind noise!! And it was still winter so my head was kept warmer No air rushing around the side of my head. (then again my old helmet was a little too big)

I wish motorcycle crap wasn't so freakin' expencive!

2013 Subaru BRZ

Get a scorpion helmet best helmets for the money by far.
    2002 Firebird Formula