Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: '84 Regal

Default Re: '84 Regal

The monte carlo I have and was planning on putting a mild SB in with a single setup still has a running/driving 3.8 in it. I know that it is probably no where close to being the same as the 3.8 turbo motor but it would be near to see what it would take.
    I'll send you a PM with my cell number so we can meet up sometime. I have two TH350's, and a powerglide at the house if you need anything.

Where is the distributor on your 3.8?

Since I posted, I have been reading up. It is in the back so it would be a no go.
    Time for the small block.

Well springs pretty much over sorta and summers here now kinda maybe. And I'm changing things around on my turbo regal when I get sick and tired of huffing paint and sanding filler and all that stuff that I do daily. I have my #2 transmission another th350 tore down and ready for the new transgo shiftkit, after transmission #1 took a dump on me after several hundred miles and alot of beatings from the buick not to mention it was mostly the fault of a B/M shiftkit. (don't ever put a b/m shift kit on the street n strip setting in a th350 it will kill it). Then the engine is going to come out of the car for about 1 week for a new rear main seal and a intake manifold swap for my new weiand xl-erator highrise single plane. Then I'm also goingto change the carb because if boost goes over 12psi I've got fuel shooting out of the accelerator pump, so I'm putting on a brand new b/g mighty demon 800 cfm blowthru carb. I've got a set of 3.42 gears to swap out the 2.41's that are in it right now. Then Finally I'm goingto put in the new 3" cutout right after my downpipe (Thanks Bflaker). It will be ready to hit the streets very soon, In the meantime I just keep on working and painting the Riv.

OKAY it's like christmas in may .. well kinda maybe sorta anyways I received my Mighty Demon today, easily the most expensive peice I have bought for it yet.. and the most beautiful.... well at least I think so. It came with a -6 AN line kit so it will connect right up with my fuel system I stuck it on my weiand intake and took some photo's

I thank the peoples at D&D racing in minnisota for the awsome deal on the carb and line kit.

gbody cars are cool espiecally turbo buicks ive had a couple monte ss one day ill get my hands on a 87 gn

how goes the regals?

Pulled the engine lastnight, goingto removed the crank tonight and send it off.

WVSTREETS Guest

damn that is coming along nice!

Crank is out and in good shape along with all the bearings, the closeup is the worst journal on it and it's not even bad, still std/std. Machine shop will probably only polish it but what ever they do is fine with me even if they cut it 10/10. The machine shop here in Fairmont does good work and they turned my other GN crank and didn't mess it up.

okay well that was a quick machine shop turnaround.I have the crank back they only had it five minutes. they mic'd the rod and main journals and said they were fine, and I said What! check them again and they did all journals were still within the standard size spec. so that saves a lot of time and money. I'm goingto polish the journals then clean the crank and I orderd a set of .001 undersize main and rod bearings to keep the clearances tight they have to be pretty tight on a buick so oil isn't drained off the mains and then not enough for the rods. Progress moving on.

I like to look at the crankshaft it's unique. It has a split pin design for the rods to keep the firing intervals at 90 degrees, and all the journals have a rollled fillet radius in the corners.

cleaned and painted oil pan and cleaned oil pickup and all pan bolts.

installed two brass freeze plugs in place of two aboutto leak steel ones.

New bearings are supposed to be here monday so engine will go back together that night or tuesday and by sunday the 8th the new transmission should be in the car and then that leaves me with installing the cutout and new 3.42's in the car yet, that will get it running then I'll have to setup and tune the new demon carb on the new intake.

Transgo Shift kit 4 steel checkballs and a a govener screen.

gasket/seperator plate with welded transferslot.

Valve body with modified springs.

Ready for pan gasket, kickdown lever and link and pan.

All done.

Trans is in the car

needs a good degreasing when I'm finished lol

This is the oil drain I drilled and ran a bead of weld around on the tranny pan.

Here are my 3.42 gears and the spacer for a series 2 carrier.

Engine is back together havent swapped the intake and carb yet.

I painted my valve covers today while at work cuz I hate being at work on saturdays.
    Believe it or not this is actually a duplicolor rattlebomb paint with ppg 2042 clear over it, Looks go though and no one will ever know unless i reveal it.... oops.

keep up the good work man

Got the engine in lastnight, today I put the painted valve covers on and set the intake down on the engine checking for any conflicts which there were none yet only I haveto figure out where to connect my power brakes and boost gauge feed. I might make a spot on the intake but all my plumbing for that stuff starts with a 1/2" npt and the biggest npt accessory port on the new carb is 1/8".

Okay progress is going well, almost finished and will probably be ready to start tomorrow, however a last minute intake manifold change occured. I managed to get my hands on a very rare extreme performance manifold. This is a Smokey Yunick/Weiand Single plane very close in style to the the x-elerator manifold I was going to run. Supposibly this is the first aftermarket air gap intake that was engineered by Mr. Yunick and Weiand. So it's a sweet peice of history and I'm proud to have it on my car and be able to use it too, not just sit it on a work bench in my garage and talk about it.

Alright 3.42 gears are in, and all I have left is ALL the fluids, fab up a short 3" pipe to connect the exhaust after the cut out, install carb and all the good stuff that goes with that and I also have to relocate my nitrous activation switch the rest is easy.